Highlighted

Palm Centro availability?

jester1550

Hey all,

I'm upgrading to a new phone and I need it to be a Palm (critical software I need is for Palm OS only) and the Centro seems to fit the bill, but is out of stock and has been for nearly a month.

Anyone know when it'll come back in?

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Likes

Re: Palm Centro availability?

jackhammer

jester,

I'm looking for a centro, too, but it seems Verizon online and all stores (within the 5 states area) are out.  (as are wirefly and amazon)

Verizon has discontinued the centro, so I don't know if they will be getting more.

The only option might be to wait for one of the other online stores to get some, or eBay (unless Verizon online continues to get stock).

0 Likes

jester1550

That's really interesting... when I called Verizon Wireless support about a week ago they said it was out of stock and not discontinued.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes

jester1550

Well, when in doubt wikipedia for the win...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Centro

0 Likes

happygirl12

i have a palm centro and dont waste your time. It is a bad phone.

0 Likes

DaniLove13
Novice

The Palm Centro is actually in End of Life status and has been for a few weeks already.

0 Likes

Miaa

I have a palm Centro.  I thought it would be great because it is a PDA and  the only Smart Phone I found that did not require you to upgrade to an Data Package with Verizon. 

I wanted the convenience of having my date planner, etc on my PDA but I have no interest or need for wireless/internet on my phone.  I'm a very busy working mom who also doesn't want to pay the extra fee for a data plan.

One word: RUN!

I've only owned mine 9 months and I’m on my second warranty replacement.  I baby all of my electronics and I usually have my phones forever.  I first ordered my Centro in Feb of 2009.  In June I had problems with the power and ok button not working.  I received a warranty replacement, but  from day one the sync connection would not work.  After a few weeks of trying it on all three of my home computers (diff OS’s) and my work computer (Vista), two tech phone calls, and a final visit to the vzw store, a warranty replacement was ordered for me.  So far my phone is working, but now I’m finally told by Tech that  I can't sync my phone with my new work computer because of incompatibility issues  Windows Vista.  I really needed this phone to sync with my work computer.  I can't use the sync process unless I get a special device/ sync wirelessly.   Wish I knew this BEFORE I bought this phone. 

Another word of caution:  This phone is often slow to process a command. Not a good thing in my book.  I don’t have time for my phone to decide it's going to dial a number, go to my contact list, or hang up a call. In addition, if you plan on using this phone without a data plan you will want to request that a data block be placed on your line.  This means you can still get text messages but not ones with pictures, videos, etc.  The reason you want to do this is because, even if you have the unlimited text package, this phone uses the internet to get this media when it is being received or sent via text.  I didn't know this and I had a $200 charge on my bill for kbites used.  Verizon was understanding and reversed the charges.  However, because I do not have a data package, and I HAD to put a data block on my phone, I now am stuck with a phone that I can't receive or send pictures on.  I Know I know I’m cheap, right?  Again, WORKING mother on a budget here. I guess wanting a PHONE, that has the ability of keeping my date planner on it without being forced into paying for a data package is too much to ask for. 

Good luck!

0 Likes