Highlighted

Palm Centro/Outlook Sync

Hi,

I have a Verizon Palm Centro, about 2 years old. When I sync using the USB cable, I continually get the message that all databases have synced correctly. However, nothing changes in either my phone or the Outlook on my PC (Windows XP, Outlook 2007).

This all used to work until a few months ago I started getting messages that one of my databases was not syncing (forget which one it was). This happened shortly after I added ACT! software to my PC, which operates off of Outlook. I called Verizon tech support and was stepped through a "fix". After the fix, I was no longer getting error messages, however I now realize that no syncing was actually taking place, at least not with Outlook. (BTW, I am willing to uninstall ACT! if that will help).

I need to get this fixed, and have had little luck in getting through on the phone to a Verizon tech support person.

Please help, and thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Palm Centro/Outlook Sync

Try these steps to configure your device. 

1. Double-click the HotSync icon(located in the System Tray).
    Note Alternate navigation: Click
    Start> Programs (All Programs)> Palm> HotSync Manager.
  2. Select the desired device / profilefrom the HotSync Manager settings formenu.
  3. Click Connections.
  4. Ensure USBis checked.
  5. Click Applications.
  6. Select the desired Conduitthen click Configure.
  7. Ensure the desired Actionis selected for the conduit then click OK.
  • Synchronize the Files-Updates and synchronizes the data on both the handheld and desktop computer, using the most current information as the standard. This setting is typically used for day-to-day HotSync operations.
  • Desktop Overwrites Handheld- Uses the information on the desktop computer to replace any information on the handheld. Typically, this option is used in restoring lost information to a handheld.
  • Handheld Overwrites Desktop- Uses the information on the handheld to replace any information on the desktop.
  • Do Nothing- Does not synchronize or replace any data on either the handheld or desktop computer. 
8.Repeat steps 5 and 6for each of the desired conduits..
9. Click Done.

Hope this is helpful!

0 Likes