Highlighted

Hotspot service shut off

My service plan allows mobile hotspot (free) and I have been using it successfully for more than a year.  This morning I try to use it and I am receiving message that "Sharing an internet connection requires an addition to my mobile service plan"?  It wont turn on?  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Hotspot service shut off

Verizon Employee

Hello there Zideaj! I'm here to help with your hotspot service issues. Sounds to me like something may have changed on your account. In order to confirm that, I'll need to review your account settings. Please send me a personal message through the forum, including your full name, your mobile number, and a good time of day for me to call  you. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I get that message occasionally.  Usually I just restart the hotspot and it goes back to working again.

Highlighted

I have also had that problem and i find that i usually have to go in and rename my hotspot. If the name feild is blank you will get that msg.

Highlighted

That's a known flaw with the Palm pre hotspot. Seems like nobody at Verizon knows the fix, so I had to look it up years ago when I got my palm pre 2. Just rename your hotspot and reset the type of security and a password if you are using security.

You can name it the same as you had it named previously and set the same password as well. 

0 Likes