incoming calls don't ring, go direct to voice mail....ARRRGGHHH!!!!
kjstarkey

Bought the phone from Verizon last year, it's been great until the past couple of months.

Basically, the phone does not ring reliably for incoming calls. No missed call icon, they go direct to voice mail.

I have updated to the lastest Android 9, security patch level July 5, 2019.  Thought that fixed it, but no.

Did a complete factory reset, and restored my settings from the cloud.  Thought that fixed it, but no.

A phone that doesn't ring reliably is worth nothing.

What is going on?  How can this be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: incoming calls don't ring, go direct to voice mail....ARRRGGHHH!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you kjstarkey! We want your service to work properly! I apologize for the trouble you have had so far, we are here to help. When you performed the Factory Reset, can you tell us if you re-loaded your personal content using your Gmail account? Let's turn this around.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
kjstarkey

Yes, I did.  The same google account that I used to setup the phone.

0 Likes
kjstarkey

Ok, so crickets on this thread....typical.

I will have to take time to go to the local Verizon store and insist on a new phone, because obviously this one is broken.  Disappointing in the extreme, Verizon!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to get all your calls, kjstarkey. We do want to help you in any way we can. 

Please keep in mind that our online forum is a community forum where customers interact with each other under a peer to peer question answering process, this is not where we typically assist customers with trouble shooting an issue.

Since this issue started, have you noticed your phone not getting a signal? We ask because hearing that the calls go straight to voicemail, usually means the phone is not connected to our network to receive a call at all. 

Have you tested your phone with Advanced Calling turned Off and with it turned On? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215032/ 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
kjstarkey

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
amirabolfazlian

I have been having the same problem for the past month and Verizon keeps on issuing ticket numbers and after a few days they say the problem is fixed on their end but nothing has changed.  Has anyone been able to have this issued fixed?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has gone on for far too long.  Let's turn this around.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes