google pixel 2 and custom ringtones
phatony

how to i add custom ringtones too my google pixel 2 xl. all other android phones are simple but on the pixel iv researched and cant find any solutions. they say your suppose to move the music file from your download folder to the ringtone folder but that does not work

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: google pixel 2 and custom ringtones
stef7
Master - Level 2

I presume, you moved the ringtones (,OGG files) to the same Ringtones directory holding other .OGG files?

If so, power down the phone, and power it back up. The "media scanner" of the Android OS, should pick up these new files, and when you go into settings to manipulate your ringtone, it should find them and let you select them.

Technically that should work. I wouldn't know why it wouldn't.

0 Likes
phatony

ok so, the music file im trying to use as a ringtone is inside my donwload folder( saved from google drive) and i cannot move this file to anywhere els on the phone

0 Likes
phatony

if anyone can provide a step by step guide as in how to set custom ringtones from music files it would greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using a file explorer app that came with the phone or one you downloaded from the Play Store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ALEHES95

Not sure with the XL.  Just got a Pixel 2 and was struggling for a little bit.  Had to hold the icon of the downloaded file for a few seconds and then got a blue check box.  After that the 3 dots gives more menu option and was able to chose Move to move the file to the ringtone folder (had  to navigate to the ringtone folder and hit the blue move button).  It then showed up in the menu when assigning ringtones to callers (use 3 dots there when editing contact to assign ringtone).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to assist you, Phatony. Did you get your custom sounds and ringtones to work on the device? Have you verified if the features are up to date to run these?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KENKENMDR
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is that the Pixel does not come with a Ringtones folder. You must create one.

Once you have a Ringtones folder, you need to download the new ringtone as an MP3 file.  You can email it to yourself and then move it to the ringtones folder which is a subfolder on the Pixel "Drive" which is one of the pre installed items in the list of all apps.  It is in alphabetic order.  I just did it and it works.

Ken

LINSCH8

I just figured this out.  It was driving me crazy!     I used Sonos, but any good sound system should work.  Place your phone near the speaker, Then using Voice Record, record at least 30 seconds of sound.   Within the same app, go to the library and rename it.  After doing so, you will see a vertical ellipsis (3 dots) to the right.  Within that area "Save as a ringtone".   That command will make it your default ringtone, but easily changed/managed within the ringtone area. 

Linda S   Minnesota

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this suggestion, LINSCH8. Were you able to try any of the suggested steps from the community, phatony? I understand the file is in your download folder. If you are still having difficulty with setting your ringtone, please visit the following link and start at step 7 since the ringtone is already in your downloads. http://spr.ly/6581D1dpH

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes