Re: Wrong time on Pixel XL
howhoes

I'm in East Florida and mine keeps jumping to Central Time zone.  Never really know if it is right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

howhoes, it would drive me crazy, if my phone's clock kept changing. I am here to help and we will see what we need to do to get this resolved. When did you notice this start? Does this only happen in specific locations? What changes have you made when this started (software update, a new app, etc...)? SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
wdw101

I live in Central Florida (Eastern Time zone) and my phone keeps randomly changing to Central Time zone. I am nowhere near Central Time. Pixel 2 XL

0 Likes
Inanna
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have noticed my phone flips to another time zone (Central, I'm in Eastern) when it gets out of cellular range. It happens every time I visit my dad's house on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere. If I stand under his outdoor light post I get 1-2 bars of 2G and the correct time, if I stand anywhere else on his property I get the wrong time zone and no service.

Perhaps some of you guys are driving out of range of a working tower when it happens? I know the original poster is not having my issue, because he/she is making calls when it happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know, wdw101. Is the software on your phone fully up-to-date? When did this start happening?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes