Re: Without using cellular data and wireless connection, how can I send a picture via text messaging
Tidbits
Legend

Samsung devices have a beam abiilty between Samsung devices last I remember. Have them send it to someone who isn't standing next to each other or in range of each other. Have them send it to someone like a mile away or so and it will fail.

Re: Without using cellular data and wireless connection, how can I send a picture via text messaging
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

The only other Samsung device in the house besides my phone is a smart tv which was off.

Did find the culprit though.  Even when I used the app Chomp for texting the 40 kb pic data showed up in the Hangouts app for some reason. Regardless, I have the phone's data turned off and have background data restricted.  Why does this Hangouts app still use data?  And would there be any downside to disabling the thing.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

none and you need to talk to Google why as no one touches that app but them.

0 Likes
ROBREY18

No clue, than just another way VZ and Google have worked together to crank up your data usage.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes