Re: Will Verizon ensure that it's Google Pixel receives updates at the same time as Google store bought phones?
Jamo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still don't trust them handling the updates even though they say they will be updated at the same time as the Google pixels are updated.  My brother's VZW Nexus6 is still on 6.0.1 and Nougat has been out for the N6 for several weeks now but you never know....

0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon ensure that it's Google Pixel receives updates at the same time as Google store bought phones?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even Google has a staggered rollout for updates. The past security updates on my Nexus tablet usually never showed up until the middle of the month or a week or two after the update was made available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

Even Google has a staggered rollout for updates. The past security updates on my Nexus tablet usually never showed up until the middle of the month or a week or two after the update was made available.

Another example would be the Nougat update for my Nexus 5X. I received that update 2-3 weeks after it was announced it was being sent out to phones. I saw people complaining they had not yet received the same update a week or two after I had already received. it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Jamo

my son and I have Nexus 6p, which were supposed to get nougat first.  It didn't come through till last week. 

Jamo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have the 6P also and have had Nougat for 3weeks now but Google bought Nexus6's (not the 6P) have had Nougat for several weeks also but the VZW Nexus6 still has not received it.

0 Likes
SAMOEDADDY
Enthusiast - Level 2

So will the unlocked version on Google play actually work on Verizon network? I tried to find out this info while chatting with someone from Verizon but they seem to keep sidestepping my question.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, both Verizon and Google have confirmed that the device purchased from Google with work on Verizon, including HD Voice and wifi calling.

Verizon and Google confirm Wi-Fi calling and HD voice will work with Pixel phones from Google Store

0 Likes
MrAceXPS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

So based on the most recent announcements last week, it appears that the Verizon sold device will receive major updates as the Google Store sold device.  This is great news!

Glad they were able to message it...  Very good news...

Geforce4

Good question.  Could go either way.  If you base it on Verizon's behavior in the past, no.  This time around might be different though.  Verizon would lose a lot of credibility if they failed to meet their commitment given the public statement that was made and published on the tech websites.

0 Likes
JERTID71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't gotten update since 10/5, which is hard to believe with all the software issues I'm reading about on here and online.  They seem to be overwhelmed with the bugs in their flagship phone's debut. Boo!

0 Likes