Re: WiFi Calling keeps turning off
lucasflad

I have the same problem. My wife and I both have Pixel 2 phones purchased at the same time from the Verizon online store. I thought I was going crazy; I rarely go into my settings and couldn't figure out why we were nearly maxing out our usage when we thought we were connected to wifi 95% of the time while using data. Until last night, we didn't know that both of our phones wifi is disconnecting. We did recently go over our usage and when I complained of continually losing wifi, it didn't make any difference to the customer service person. I've gotten used to the Pixel camera features but I will go back to the iPhone as we never experienced that on their devices.

0 Likes
carolina111

I have had major issues with my iPhone XS Max.  I purchased this new from Verizon just about two weeks ago.  I will turn on WiFi calling at home because the Verizon signal is weak.  I noticed that at random the WiFI will turn off and I will start missing calls.   I have reset the phone, run in safe mode and it is still happening.  There is a major problem here and Verizon needs ot fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carolina111

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Wi-Fi calling. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. Is the issue with disconnecting from the Wi-Fi just your phone or others in that location? Do you have Wi-Fi assist enabled on your phone (see here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206983/)? Are your phone and all of the apps installed up to date on their software?

EdwardL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
823caleb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a IPhone XS Max and I have the same problem losing WiFi calling and I live in a marginal area so cellular is almost useless.  This is not the only phone with this problem.  My husbands 8 does this and so did my 8plus.  I have seen posts from 2016 about this problem.  My phone is set up right for WiFi calling. I have gigabits WiFi so that is not an issue. Turning the phone to airplane mode will bring the WiFi calling back.  That turns off cellular and on again so I think it is a Verizon issue which they will not fix and blame everything else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how much I depend on my device and my Wi-Fi calling 823caleb. We want you to be able to count on yours as well. This is a great feature, and we want you to be able to take full advantage of it. I apologize for the issue you are having, please know our goal is to make sure your phone works as it should. We will make that happen. How long has this been going on? Does this happen with other Wi-Fi networks as well? Thanks in advance. RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
RosemarieJames
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wifi for all phones on my account keep turning off.  All phoned except for one is fairly new.  Wifi connections are all good and in different households.  Starting to think this is a Verizon issue being done intentionally to those who don't carry unlimited data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help you figure this out. What kind of phone do you have? Is this happening to all Wi-Fi networks? Does the Wi-Fi turns off completely, or are you just not able to connect to an available network?
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
TD_____

Same problem here iPhoneX. WiFi calling Turns off every so often. NOTHING works to proactively bring it back online, it just reactivates on its own within an hour. But that doesn't help me when I need to make calls from the basement now.

I have tried the update address trick, restarting phone, restarting wifi, switching networks, toggling wifi calling off an on. Nada

This has been going on for years now

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That information is much appreciated. Let's continue working together. Having access to the Wi-Fi Calling feature is very important and we're sorry to hear that it continues to inadvertently stop working on your iPhone X. We've also noted the troubleshooting steps you've completed and that this issue has been happening for years now. We’re here to assist you in any way we can. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ll need your permission to gain access. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6603175Jd

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes