Re: WiFi Calling keeps turning off
dwatson808
Contributor - Level 1

By "the disconnecting issue", do you mean the WiFi Calling turning Off issue subject of this thread? The only calls disconnecting issue we are having here is mobile calls that should never have been mobile calls in the first place. WiFi Calling calls, when the phone is willing to make or receive them, maintain connection and are crystal clear.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADAMAC91,

Your efforts in troubleshooting are greatly appreciated. We have confirmed that the wifi calling is a known problem & we are diligently working with Google to find a resolution as quickly as possible. I truly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies for any confusion or miscommunications, dwatson808. Just to ensure that we are on the same page, are you stating that your issue is with the calls dropping or disconnecting while using regular mobile calls?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
dwatson808
Contributor - Level 1

I am posting here to try to get two issues addressed:

1) WiFi Calling setting gets randomly turned Off. Subject of this thread.

2) Even if WiFi Calling is On and WiFi connectivity availble, phone selects mobile connection to make and receive calls even when signal strength in insufficient for these made or receveid calls to be usable. In these cases, these connections result in "calls dropping or disconnecting while using regular mobile calls." I have been trying to move that discussion to the thread phone prefers mobile to WiFi Calling even when wireless signal is unusable.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know your calls dropping while connected to Wi-Fi calling can be very puzzling. I want to let you know that this is being worked up and that it is a known issue that Google is working on. They are working diligently to fix the issue. My recommendation from here is to contact the Google team and reach out to their forum. Here is a link to their forums where you can keep an eye on the status of the Wi-Fi calling. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/phone-by-google

JenniferL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ADAMAC91
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jennifer, sorry but this answer is pure tripe. Pixel 2 phones are not having this issue on Project Fi. I just returned to Vzw after a brief hiatus because Vzw ALWAYS blames the phone maker. Now, here we go again.

This is a Vzw settings issue. All it takes is for someone to peruse the Vzw boards to see all the people having trouble with WiFi calling. Not just on the Pixel 2.

dwatson808
Contributor - Level 1

@JenniferL_VZW, I'm sure you mean to be helpful, but if you aren't going to read what I write, please don't waste my time responding. I've said *multiple times now* that I do not have a problem with WiFi Calling calls dropping while connected. When the phone is willing to connect using WiFi Calling the calls are great. The only "disconnecting" problem, subject of a separate thread, is with mobile calls dropping that should have been WiFi Calling calls in the first place when the avaialble signal is, apparently, too low to support wireless calling.

sinanju
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this problem as well. I contacted VZN and they forwarded me to Google. Google sent me back to VZN. VZN then submitted a ticket that had absolutely nothing to do with the problem I reported.

It's not a Google problem. My wife is using my old Nexus 6 on Project Fi and I'm jealous of her rock-steady service, including WiFi calling.  Google isn't even a proper mobile provider and they're still a better mobile provider than Verizon.

CDMLLR73

Man I can't believe people at Verizon get paid to say sorry and suggest factory resets. That's literally of 0 help. Any cave person could do better. I've seen more help from customers on this thread than from Verizon.

0 Likes
fgossieaux
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. My Pixel 2 is less than a month old. It makes for embarrassing and annoying business calls.

0 Likes