Why is the DayDream VR impossible to claim?
SirLaneo

I just noticed something about trying to claim my free Daydream VR with my pre-order purchase. (I've also chatted with Verizon about this odd observation, they denied the fact) On the email I received, the small print reads "offer ends 10/19/2016". Yesterday (10/18/2016), after receiving this email, i attempted to claim my VR. The message told me "Please try again after activating your phone". Problem is, the phone doesn't get released until the 20th. Therefor, if the small fine print is valid, "offer ends 10/19/2016", it makes it impossible to claim your DayDream. After the clock has struck 12 on 10/19/2016, I get this message when attempting to claim my DayDream "The Promotion Code/Purchase Date combination cannot be found. Please check your information and try again. ". So either A the small print is invalid, or be i just got the old bait and switch.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DayDream VR impossible to claim?!
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, this offer is for people who pre-ordered the device. You cannot claim it until you receive your device, though.

The terms clearly state your promo code will be emailed to you within 4 weeks after your phone SHIPS and you have until 12/31 to submit the claim. Seeing as the phones won't ship until 10/18 or after, I don't see how you can possibly submit your claim BEFORE that time and THEN have over 2 months to make that submission.

Did you read the terms and conditions? Seeing as you can submit your claim until 12/31/2016, I don't see what the fuss is about.

"Terms and Conditions

Offer applies to redemption of one Daydream View VR headset with the pre-order of a Pixel phone on the Google Store in the U.S. starting on 10/4/2016 and available while supplies last. After a qualifying purchase of a Pixel phone, a promo code will be emailed within approximately 4 weeks from the Pixel phone shipment date. The promo code must be used on the Google Store before 12/31/2016 and will expire after this date. The promo codes are not stored value, are for one-time use only, cannot be transferred to other users, cannot be exchanged for cash or cash equivalent, and have no balance after one-time use. Google Inc. is not liable for lost or stolen promo codes, or for expired promo codes that are not redeemed before 12/31/2016. To be eligible, user must be a US resident, age 13 or older, and have or activate a Google Payments account. Terms subject to applicable laws. Void where prohibited."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
FAYDE2GREY

[Removed]

I think the cut off date just means you have to pre-order before then to be eligible from the way it looks. Hope that helps you, too.

Chat Transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, this offer is for people who pre-ordered the device. You cannot claim it until you receive your device, though.

The terms clearly state your promo code will be emailed to you within 4 weeks after your phone SHIPS and you have until 12/31 to submit the claim. Seeing as the phones won't ship until 10/18 or after, I don't see how you can possibly submit your claim BEFORE that time and THEN have over 2 months to make that submission.

Did you read the terms and conditions? Seeing as you can submit your claim until 12/31/2016, I don't see what the fuss is about.

"Terms and Conditions

Offer applies to redemption of one Daydream View VR headset with the pre-order of a Pixel phone on the Google Store in the U.S. starting on 10/4/2016 and available while supplies last. After a qualifying purchase of a Pixel phone, a promo code will be emailed within approximately 4 weeks from the Pixel phone shipment date. The promo code must be used on the Google Store before 12/31/2016 and will expire after this date. The promo codes are not stored value, are for one-time use only, cannot be transferred to other users, cannot be exchanged for cash or cash equivalent, and have no balance after one-time use. Google Inc. is not liable for lost or stolen promo codes, or for expired promo codes that are not redeemed before 12/31/2016. To be eligible, user must be a US resident, age 13 or older, and have or activate a Google Payments account. Terms subject to applicable laws. Void where prohibited."

0 Likes