Why can't existing customers get new promotions?
BILLYVANN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently signed a $950 contract for a Google Pixel 4 and did not choose to get the extended warranty. Now, I am in a trap and still owe $700 for a broken Pixel 4 that is now being offered for BOGO (buy one get one) at Verizon shortly after I signed a contract. Please apply this promotion to my account by adding another line and providing me with a free Pixel 4. You can keep the $150 that this promotion also offers. I will end my relationship with Verizon if I don't receive the same loyalty and understanding in return.  

The sales rep at Verizon helped me get hooked on a contract so well, but after Verizon had me sign my $950 contract, they want nothing to do with me unless I have an interest of buying another phone. 

Verizon... please give me a new Pixel 4. This cell phone is now BOGO plus offers a $150 gift card with the newest promotion. I made a mistake and broke my pixel 4 and would be grateful receiving a free one because I still owe $700 on the phone that is now being offered for buy one get one. I will end my relationship with Verizon if I don't receive the same loyalty and understanding in return.  I do not care if I have to add another line for this to work.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't existing customers get new promotions?
rcschnoor
Legend

Good luck with the new provider. Verizon won't give you another phone for free, nor should they.

0 Likes
BILLYVANN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to receive the same offer that they are providing new customers. How is it fair that a month after I bought my Pixel 4 for $800, Verizon is selling 2 of them for the same price plus $150???  Although I would have to add another line to my account, what makes it fair for Verizon to only offer this deal to anyone but their current customers? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly appreciate your loyalty and we always want to see you have the best experience with us to help you stay. I am sorry about the situation with the phone. What exaclty happened to it? I apologize as we are unable to offer a promotion more than 14 days from the date of your original purchase.  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@BILLYVANN wrote:

I recently signed a $950 contract for a Google Pixel 4 and did not choose to get the extended warranty. Now, I am in a trap and still owe $700 for a broken Pixel 4 that is now being offered for BOGO (buy one get one) at Verizon shortly after I signed a contract. Please apply this promotion to my account by adding another line and providing me with a free Pixel 4. You can keep the $150 that this promotion also offers. I will end my relationship with Verizon if I don't receive the same loyalty and understanding in return.  

The sales rep at Verizon helped me get hooked on a contract so well, but after Verizon had me sign my $950 contract, they want nothing to do with me unless I have an interest of buying another phone. 

Verizon... please give me a new Pixel 4. This cell phone is now BOGO plus offers a $150 gift card with the newest promotion. I made a mistake and broke my pixel 4 and would be grateful receiving a free one because I still owe $700 on the phone that is now being offered for buy one get one. I will end my relationship with Verizon if I don't receive the same loyalty and understanding in return.  I do not care if I have to add another line for this to work.  

verizon offers deals for existing customers all the time.  Usually trade in deals.  
As for the BOGO deals:  just meet the published requirements and you can get the deals.    
And you didn’t.   So no, you don’t get a deal you didn’t qualify for.
And who broke it?

0 Likes
BILLYVANN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will you answer my question??? 

Besides that I signed a document that hid information in fine print, what makes it justifiable with me being an existing customer at Verizon exempts me from any new deal that they offer?  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The response from Verizon customer service was very polite as required of an employee. They try not to use negative speech to avoid alienating customers.  So, let me decipher their answer for you as one Customer to another, using more blunt words and explaining why they told you, “NO”. 

You are past the 14 day period where are you can participate in a BOGO offer.   There is no way for you to meet the qualifications for a buy one get one deal retroactively.  You may not have qualified for the deal at the time of your purchase..

The requirements for buy one get one deals include having a current unlimited data plan, purchasing two phones at the same time during the same promotion. The phones must be of the same brand. You must add a New line to your account for the second phone to get the credits on the second phone.  You must keep both lines active  and paid for, for the entire 24 month installment to continue getting credits on the second phone.    (FYI the cost of paying for a second line, when you still have to pay for the first phone will completely wipe out any savings that is gained from a BOGO deal if you only need one line) 

Back to me:

Verizon does not owe you a free phone, as you did nothing to meet requirements for one.  How did the phone get broken?  Have you priced repair?  

Find a repair center and pay to fix it.  Or buy a replacement on your own.  
your customer agreement is published online. I will include a link. Your purchase agreement for your original phone is also published in your my ATT account or you can request a reprint of your receipt from Verizon. I am not sure what other FinePrint you are looking for

https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting a good deal at the time you upgrade your device. Verizon is always working hard to provide our customers great promotions. In the link below, you will be able to review our current offers.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
BILLYVANN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish Verizon held higher values, respect, and understanding for their customers. This is a shame. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
BILLYVANN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish Verizon held higher values, respect, and understanding for their customers. This is a shame. 

0 Likes