Why Won't My Voicemail Load?
EPS5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased a new Google Pixel phone. When I attempt to listen to voice messages  it says "voicemail will not load" ( even when I have good signal strength ). How do I troubleshoot?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My voicemail will not load
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using the voicemail tab in the dialer, you might need a 4G LTE network connection to retrieve the voicemails.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using the voicemail tab in the dialer, you might need a 4G LTE network connection to retrieve the voicemails.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new Pixel, EPS5! I would certainly be concerned as well, if I wasn't able to listen to my messages. Let's get this fixed.

Have you already downloaded and set up your Visual Voicemail? Also, are you on 4G/LTE when trying to listen to your messages? As Ann154 mentioned, you need to be on Cellular Data to retrieve messages from Visual Voicemail. 

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
EPS5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes your answer to my problem and Ann's response very helpful. My local Verizon

store also assisted me.  Eric [Removed]

On Thu, Mar  9, 2017 08:55 AM,

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel phones don't require a separate application for the visual voicemail. It is integrated into the phone dialer application.

0 Likes
Jessthebest420
Enthusiast - Level 1

What if I very rarely have 4glte ? Can I get it to load my voicemails Over WiFi? I don't have very good cell strength at home but have wifi. It would be swell if I didn't have to wait days to go somewhere where I have 4glte to hear my voicemail. 

ceejaysquared
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem, but ann's information about the 4g requirement suggested a work around that worked for me. 

I couldn't access voicemail through the tab in the phone from my home as I have to use wifi calling at home (we're in a service hole), but I found that if I dialed *86 from the phone, I could access my messages the "old fashioned" way. 

_lhindsley

I have 5G

0 Likes
growninwa
Enthusiast - Level 1

This should be the correct answer.  Finding a better service signal is a terrible solution

0 Likes
growninwa
Enthusiast - Level 1

*86 should be the correct answer. Finding faster network is a terrible solution.