Why Don't I Have Notifications On My Google Pixel Phone?
Trevor01

I do get notifications on the top of my devoce, but I don't get the number of new messages appearing on the unopened app.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Pixel phone, no notification on app
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app icon will not give you an unread messages count.  You need to add the app WIDGET to get the unread count.

Long press any area of the homescreen, and tap Widgets at the bottom of the screen.  Then scroll down to Messages, and hold and drag that to your homescreen. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

Trevor01, it's important to us that you are able to enjoy the new phone with no trouble at all and I'm happy to help. Let's gather a few details to get to the bottom of what is going on with the phone.

Have you added any new apps to the phone recently? Did this problem occur as soon as you started using the phone? Are you having trouble with notifications on any other app?

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI Trevor,

Thank you for your message.

If you have not, please update to the 6.3.10 version which includes a number of fixes.

If the issue continues, please let me know.

THANKS,

ALIE

VZMESSAGES

0 Likes
Trevor01

yes, i has been like this from day one.  i also updated to 7.1.1 and no changes.  aslso updated app

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app icon will not give you an unread messages count.  You need to add the app WIDGET to get the unread count.

Long press any area of the homescreen, and tap Widgets at the bottom of the screen.  Then scroll down to Messages, and hold and drag that to your homescreen. 

0 Likes