Re: When will the Pixel XL get 7.1.2
creator
Contributor - Level 2

Updating my last post, I'm installing update now, I've not had issues with my pixel XL I just how it stays that way after the update.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Davidoo wrote:

This is NOT true for the Pixel Ann154. ALL other updates since the Pixel was released last year have come to all users, including Verizon at the same time. This was PROMISED by Verizon that they would not sit on updates and we would all get them at the same time. Every month like clockwork we all got the updates simultaneously, until now.

I'm sorry, this is not true. Google does NOT send out their updates to ALL devices simultaneously. Google sends out the updates in batches over a period of 1-2 weeks.

http://www.androidauthority.com/how-android-updates-roll-out-force-clear-gcf-318744/

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Still disagree.  Of course for major system updates such as rolling out a new version of the OS such as Nougat, they do soak tests and roll out in stages.  Not for the monthly security updates.  They are available to everyone at once.  Until this last one, whenever Google said the monthly security update was released you could manually pull it down on your device at that time. 

The reason this one was delayed 3 days or so for Verizon users is that they did add something other Pixel users didn't get.  This is from Android Authority and outlines the additional items for Verizon users.... "The support pages for Verizon’s Pixel and Pixel XL both show the same change log. It reveals the update includes a new feature for people to back up and restore first-party Google apps such as Calendar, Drive and Messenger. The update also includes some improvements in voice call performance, the latest Android security patches, and improvements for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi performance and connectivity."

To say that the monthly security updates roll out in stages and it could take several weeks for them to reach your device is simply being misinformed, and what we now call an alt-fact.  The monthly updates always come out during the first few days of the month.  If it took weeks to get them, there is the possibility you would get the next month's prior to getting the month before.  Just doesn't make sense.

Sparky-Mark

Still waiting for it to reach my phone.  I bought my phone from Verizon. Every update prior to this one was within a couple of days of release.  It has now been 2 weeks.  I check almost every day. Have cleared the cache. Still nothing.

Anyone know what is going on?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

My update installed close to two weeks ago now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ALLYLOVESJUSTYME

I been got mine but mine is a Google store one glad to be away from a

Verizon phone

0 Likes
sdbroker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also waiting for the update.  Purchased my Pixel XL direct from Google, my Nexus 5x on Fi got the update a couple weeks ago.

0 Likes
ALLYLOVESJUSTYME

You can manually update from Google firmware website

0 Likes
Sparky-Mark

The May update is out and I never received the April. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Sparky-Mark

And yet I am still waiting.  Now the May update is out and my non verizon pixel has it already but I am still waiting on the verizon one to get April.

0 Likes