What does Data service is blocked, Voice service is blocked mean?
Normmm22

I received that message in my Notifications section.  The phone still seems to work normal.  However, it is concerning when you see a message saying that your "Voice service is blocked".

I called Verizon and they said they did not generate the notification.  I checked Google products forums and didn't have any luck in determining how the notification was generated or what it means. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: What does Data service is blocked, Voice service is blocked mean?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question Normmm22. I have reviewed the different blocking codes. These are usually codes to block a specific feature. Examples:

•Block Dashboard

•Block Media Center

•Block Mobile Web

•Block Picture and Video Messaging

•Block Premium Messaging

•Block Ringback Tones

Do you recall adding any of these features or having them added?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Normmm22

Thank you for the response.  I did not add any code or features that I am aware off.  I probably did add a new app or two during that time.  So I suppose it's possible that one of those apps is doing something in the background.

However, when you look at the message in the notification section, it does not mention a specific app.  It does say "Phone Services".

0 Likes
Normmm22

Here is a screenshot of the message.

screenshot 2.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Normmm22,

We appreciate the image and definitely want to figure out what might be going on. These messages appear to be system related and not a message derived by service. There are a couple things that could populate this message. Going into Settings, Data Usage, and check to see if Data Saver is Enabled. Please also tap Billing Cycle and check to see if Set Data Limit is Enabled. If either are Enabled please Disable and see if the message persists.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Normmm22

Data Saver is disabled.

Set Data Limit is enabled.  However, I was only at roughly 25% of my data plan.  If that was the cause, I would say that feature is not functioning properly.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the data limit set up to match your billing cycle dates?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Normmm22

Yes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have been a great partner to work with. The Data Usage section on the phone will only be linked with your bill cycle if you have manually set the "Reset Date" to the first day of your bill cycle in the menu. It is possible your reset date does not match your bill cycle and that is why the phone is alerting you with information that does not match the My Verizon app.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Normmm22

I'm not sure what you're saying.  I mentioned in my previous post that the bill cycle and data usage are in sync.

But even if they were not in sync, I'm still not sure why I would get the message as I was only at 25% of my limit.

0 Likes