What Is The Difference Between The Verizon Pixel And Google Pixel?
cailyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone tell me the differences between the Verizon version of the Pixel and the Google Fi version of the Pixel?

Does Verizon alter anything on this phone or are they the exact same phone / software?

Does Verizon add bloatware or any unwanted apps that can not be removed to their version?

Does the Verizon version receive quick updates just like the Google Fi version?

Does Verizon remove features from Android only to sell them back to me at a higher price (Like they do other Android devices)?

Etc... Trying to find out if it is worth getting the Pixel on Verizon over Google Fi.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Pixel Vs. Google Pixel
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
  1. The bootloader is locked on the Verizon sold device. For most people, this isn't an issue.
  2. Three Verizon apps will be queued for installation following the insertion of a VZW SIM card. They can be uninstalled.
  3. Yes. They are pushed out at the same time.
  4. No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
  1. The bootloader is locked on the Verizon sold device. For most people, this isn't an issue.
  2. Three Verizon apps will be queued for installation following the insertion of a VZW SIM card. They can be uninstalled.
  3. Yes. They are pushed out at the same time.
  4. No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

cailyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you kindly for the answers.

0 Likes