Re: Visual Voicemail won't activate on refurbished Pixel2
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Signal is excellent. Everything else besides visual VM works fine. And regarding background data, it is called "data saver" in Android 9, and the feature was already turned off, meanin background data is allowed. What's the next step?

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello?!

0 Likes
GTheut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem on my Pixel 2. After several calls and tech support saying it's fixed...I finally solved it on my own. 

Delete/cancel/unblock all the blocked #s on your phone. 

I had maybe 25 or so that I had blocked because they were spam. Once they were cleared, my visual voicemail returned.

Verizon: your customer service agents were seemed well trained, but couldn't solve the issue. They elevated the problem 3 times to tech support and all 3 times they reported that the problem was solved, but it never was. 0 for 3 super frustrating. 

GT

PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. I appreciate the response, much better than Verizon's customer no-service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to hear you're still unable to utilize Visual voicemail, PixelDude. It's very important you're able to utilize Visual Voicemail, and we will make sure to help. We want to verify some information on your device. Could you please follow the steps listed on the link attached and make sure Visual Voicemail is enabled? After verifying this information, please let us know. http://spr.ly/6605EUjjt

DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

If we're going to go over such exceedingly basic stuff, we're never going to figure this out.  Yes, it's enabled. Have tried toggling it many times. Also tried a soft reset, hard reset, having VZ delete voicemail from my acct and readd it, and swapping the SIM card.

0 Likes
LoftiPoint0
Enthusiast - Level 1

@GTheut 

OMG this worked!!! It was so easy holy cow! I know this is a whole year later, but I've been dealing with this EXACT same issue for almost 6 months! I was on the phone with tech for over 3 hours and nothing worked. Even factory reset my phone and everything. All I had to do was this??? I'm kicking myself. Thank you so much! Seriously, thank you.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes