Verizon Rebate Denial Scam
Ingridl999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon will not honor the $400 rebate (and old phone return) for Pixel 4 XL that I purchased Nov 30, 2019 as part of a Black Friday special.  In accordance with the special I upgraded all of my phones to the unlimited plan. 

I ordered the phone online on Nov 30.  The next day Verizon sent me some electronic forms that I needed to sign.  The screen kept freezing up and would not let me sign the forms.  I called Verizon and the rep tried unsuccessfully to fix it.  She said to wait a few days and see if it would fix itself.  After a few days, I called back again.  The new rep decided to cancel the order and redo it.  He assured me that I would not lose the rebate.  I also told him that I never received the box so that I could return the old phone for about $85.  He said that he would resend it and gave me a little credit for the difference because my old phone depreciated.  Again I never received the box. 

I processed the rebate online and as I expected, they denied it saying that I did not purchase the phone on the correct dated, even though I explained to them the entire situation. 

About a week ago (around March 24th?), my husband submitted a complaint to the BBB.  A Verizon rep called me back and told me that I did not qualify for the rebate because I did not port a phone.  I WAS NEVER REQUIRED TO PORT A PHONE!  I was only required to upgrade to the unlimited plan.  He refused to honor the rebate and told me that he would give me a $100 credit which he increased to $200 when I refused.  I told him that was unacceptable and that Verizon should honor the ENTIRE rebate and also pay me for the old phone that they never sent me the box for. 

I should not have to jump through hoops to get Verizon to honor their specials.  From looking at the Verizon forums, there are A LOT of people with similar problems.  Verizon runs this scam, expecting that a lot of people will not follow through and they make it very difficult to get it resolved.  This is not the first time that I have had this type of problem with Verizon.  I think the FCC need to do an investigation into these unethical practices. 

Ingrid d long
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Rebate Denial Scam
lac302
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you get a resolution to this. Going through similar issues with a holidayswitch $200 rebate...Here we are in April.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Rebate Denial Scam
Ingridl999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately not yet.  I'm waiting for a resolution from the BBB, but I'm not super optimistic.  My next step will be a complaint with the FCC.  

Ingrid d long
0 Likes