Unable to receive specific group messages
jbarto16
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Google Pixel 3 running Android version 9, Build PQ2A. 190205.001 (security patch - Feb. 5, 2019). I'm running into an issue where I was part of a group message and was able to send and receive messages from the group. Then about a month ago all of a sudden I was unable to send or receive any messages from the group. I tried to troubleshoot the situation by switching messaging apps and by removing the group from my messaging app to see if it would reload the conversation and nothing. I had the group admin remove and re-add me to the group and I'm still unable to get the group messages. Is there something I'm missing in my configuation or could we see if my messages are queued somewhere and are not being pushed to my phone?

Thanks,

JakeB

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to receive specific group messages
jbarto16
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was actually able to resolve the issue myself. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application again and that seemed to work. I'm not sure why this did not work the first time I reinstalled the application but apparently it takes two attempts for some reason. Oh well, at least it's working now. I still have no idea why it happened, I'm just going to assume that the messaging app service got stale and prevented the messages from loading.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are here to help. We want to ensure that your Google Pixel 3 is up and running as it should be. Are you using the pre-installed messaging application? Is it only one group message that you are not receiving? Or are all of your group messages not coming through?

- TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
jbarto16
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried both the Messages and Message+ applications. And it is just a single group message that is not working. My other group messages are working with no issue. I have already checked that the affected group numbers are not in my blocked senders. Let me know if there is any other information you need.

- Jake

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting group messages is important. Let's get this figured out. Is it, one person from this group that you are not receiving messages or all users? Did you have an iPhone previous to the Pixel 3?

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
jbarto16
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to receive messages from everyone in the group. I am unable to message the group because it does not show in my messaging apps. It's a pretty active group so imagine I would have several hundred messages queued up at this point. I did not have any sort of iPhone prior to this, just a Pixel 2 which would have been the original phone I had when I was added to the group. When I switched to my Pixel 3 I was still getting the messages and then after a few weeks I just stopped getting them all together.

0 Likes
jbarto16
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was actually able to resolve the issue myself. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application again and that seemed to work. I'm not sure why this did not work the first time I reinstalled the application but apparently it takes two attempts for some reason. Oh well, at least it's working now. I still have no idea why it happened, I'm just going to assume that the messaging app service got stale and prevented the messages from loading.

0 Likes