Re: The phone insurance by Verizon is a joke!
chadsmeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The $29 cracked screen repair was a new policy with Total Mobile Protection. Deductible used to be $49, but it was lowered recently with the latest open enrollment.

While it may be common, we are at almost 3 months since the phone release. By now, there should be replacement parts.  Out of curiosity, I may contact my local franchise repair shop to see the cost of screen repair. If they have the parts, a major insurer for the carrier should have access.

mama23dogs
Legend

The devil, as always, is in the fine print...

*Cracked screen repair option is available in select markets for certain smartphone models.  ”

So where is the link to exclusions?   I assume they change regularly, but that’s not an excuse. 

The most recent phones have been excluded from the discounted screen repair, as are the “Active” versions of Samsung phones.  Samsung S8, Note 8, iphone 7, 8 X Were excluded when I last checked.

0 Likes
chadsmeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Those all make sense though, due to their unique screens that cost more. The base Pixel 2 is not bezeless or curved, so there should be no issues. Regardless, I had several calls with Verizon about the policy regarding my phone and it was never mentioned as excluded. Also, Asurion has told me as well the reasoning is due to "availability of parts".

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The age of the device seems to be the issue, as well as difficulty of replacement or the dog gone curved glass..  iPhone 8 still isn’t covered and it’s older than the Pixel 2. 

The ATT Asurion link has covered phone list.  The Verizon link didn’t work. What’s up with that?

WRITESAID
Enthusiast - Level 1

Iphone 8 is covered now. Google 2 XL is not.

hungweilo
Enthusiast - Level 1

i will join in on this lawsuit. lets get this going for real. same kind of issue but never even sent it in. paid for this "insurance" for over 2 years. never had any mishaps  with broken phone etc just had it there just in case. dropped my samsung galaxy s8 last year and the back cover NOT EVEN THE SCREEN was cracked. the rep tells me to send my phone and i will be charged like $200-250 (cant remember) for a deductible. THIS IS MORE THAN THE PHONE IS WORTH. when i asked what the $15/month was for if i had to pay a huge deductible plus shipping the rep said she would give me the number to speak with asurion about it. the rep from asurion basically laughs at me and says i shouldnt have broken my phone.  after 5 calls to verizon to cancel this "coverage" i finally get someone who doesnt hang up on me and does what i need them to do to stop paying for it. paying $360 for coverage over 2 years then being told it costs $200 for a deductible and i would have to pay for shipping (which may be reimbursed i cant remember). are they serious? i feel like i have been robbed. i fixed the phone myself with a $10 replacement casing from amazon. my concern is this, How many people are paying for this "protection plan" and think that if something happens they will have their phone replaced  with "no hassle" and not having to pay out-of-pocket, i mean why would you pay them 15 dollars a month if youre gonna pay more than your phone is worth as a deductible if it gets broken.... lesson learned, but these scumbags need to be bankrupted and/or imprisoned. how much money are they stealing a few bucks at a time from probably millions of people?

0 Likes
hungweilo
Enthusiast - Level 1

the sales guy that sold me a samsung 8 added this plan on and said if ANYTHING happened to my phone it would be fixed for free... also told him i wanted to pay all the upgrade fees and everything at that time to keep my monthly payments at the same amount, paid about $300 with case and charger and all that in person, then got my next monthly bill for over 400 dollars. Luckily customer service removed all the charges after a colorful phone call. but see my other comment about the protection plan fiasco... mess verizon, they just pass the buck on to assurion or whoever it is. not a company that deserves my money, let alone be allowed to TAKE it with whatever add-on they decide to charge to my account that i didnt ask for. Anyone know a better carrier?At this point the pony express looks more deserving of my business than these thieves

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hungweilo, we would never want you to feel like you're not getting value form your services. We're here to help. Asurion is our partner as well as the partner of all other major cellular carriers. Just like Health, Auto, and Home insurance your device insurance has a deductible as well. Depending on how much is left on your device payment plan, you always have the option to buy out the broken device rather than go through an insurance replacement. Here is how to view your balance: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209212/ After the $312 over 24 months, plus a $200 deductible depending on your device, some deductibles are $149, you are still well under the cost of a new replacement as most devices are now well over $800. We always want you to have the opportunity to add or remove features as you please and apologize for any trouble you experienced trying to take insurance off. Your features can easily be managed through your online account following these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206367/ I hope this is beneficial.

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
Youcannotbeserious

Agreed!!

0 Likes
tcarterebd1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh and I am contacting a lawyer this week. After hours on the phone and FINALLY explained how this racquet works. I’m sure an attorney would love to get ahold of a class action case like this. Everything is recorded and noted after my 3 plus hour call this morning!  

0 Likes