The my verizon widget won't activate on Pixel
JohnDoe0016
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there something i should do to activate it other than open the My Verizon app?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The my verizon widget won't activate on Pixel
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

To get the widget, you need to long press the homescreen, tap widgets, and scroll down to MyVerizon; there are two Data widgets, light and dark.  For some reason it takes up 2x1 space, rather than just a 1x1 square, but it's there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Do you activate the app first?  Signed in and all?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

To get the widget, you need to long press the homescreen, tap widgets, and scroll down to MyVerizon; there are two Data widgets, light and dark.  For some reason it takes up 2x1 space, rather than just a 1x1 square, but it's there.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

I used to have a 4x1 widget that I loved, because it showed a lot of info just on the widget. It doesn't appear to be available any longer though. I can get a widget, but it doesn't show much so I may as well just open the app.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The data widget is good for me to see where I am at on data at a glance.  It doesn't tell me where I am in the billing cycle - I guess they figure you  should know that?  Anyway, if I need more detail I just tap the icon to open MyVerizon.  Notice the icon has lots of space on either side - it's centered in a 2x1 icon space but is only 1 square wide ...

Screenshot_20161116-122330 (1).png

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

I used to have a 4x1 widget that I loved, because it showed a lot of info just on the widget. It doesn't appear to be available any longer though.

Do you mean the Info Zone widget?  I use it on my tablet, not on the phone tho.  It doesn't give you data usage, but does give battery, storage, and other info.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Hmmmm.  So much for Verizon having the best App.  Seems like mine kicks it!

Screenshot_20161116-154611.png

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can get all that too, via the app.  The widget is a quick glance, and I know when my bill cycle is and where I am at in it.  Plus, I can see if the percentage takes a sudden drop and I need to check who or what is using the data.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

We have 4 Widgets to pick from. All include the same information as above.  3, 1 x 4 and one 2 x 4

similar to the Verizon options.

The Widgets can't be used until the app is activated and account verified (or whatever, it's not like I paid close attention). 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mama23dogs wrote:

We have 4 Widgets to pick from. All include the same information as above. 3, 1 x 4 and one 2 x 4

similar to the Verizon options.

The Widgets can't be used until the app is activated and account verified (or whatever, it's not like I paid close attention).

OK--AT&T has a better widget selection - I'll give you that!  Still, the data widget from MyVerizon is adequate for me, and a quick tap gives me all the info I need.  I can live with that.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes