Re: Server Error. Try again later
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello harveymom0006, having Advance Calling issues with your Google Pixel 2 XL can be frustrating, especially if you recently joined the Verizon Wireless family. Did you buy the Google Pixel 2 XL from Verizon Wireless or is it an unlocked model? Aside from the Advance Calling, any other problems?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
bjohnson01

I am another one that is having this issue with an unlocked pixel 3 XL.  Just got verizon service and it it was working up to a couple days ago.  Talked to a rep and couldn't fix it and blamed the unlocked phone....

What did everyone else to do fix it?  I know it can work, because it was working.  Both HD calling and wifi calling fail with server error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bjohnson01 , we apologize for the issues you are having with your Pixel 3 XL. As a phone user, I understand how inconvenient is is for you to have this issue and we want to help. You mentioned that your  device was working and that the issue started a few days ago. Did you install any new apps or upgrade the software on your device before the issue began?

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
bjohnson01
Had a bunch of verizon calls, failed attempts at fixing it, moved my number to a new number for some reason, they hung up on me when on hold and didn't call me back. So had to live chat to get my original phone number back. Also told me wifi calling/HD voice wasn't going to work on a non Verizon branded pixel 3 XL. Which contradicts what they have in the website and FAQ, as well, that it had been working for a couple weeks when I switch to Verizon prepaid. I ended up doing a factory reset on my phone and that fixed it.
0 Likes
rbross

Same here.  Has worked for 2 years, was working last night,.  Doesn;t work this morning.  I see a lot of platitides from Verizon customer service, but not the hint of a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rbross, I know this is a huge inconvenience with the WiFi Calling. You posted this a couple days ago, can you tell me if this has been resolved? Also, are you connected to a Network Extender when getting this error with the WiFi Calling? This can make a big difference. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Derekhhy

I have the same issue after inserting my Google Fi Sim and placed a test call. 

Looks like a lot folks are having issue on the phone after switching from TMobile to Verizon, which is still related to my case as Google Fi uses TMobile service. 

I poked around on my phone's setting while having the Google Fi Sim inserted, I discovered that (in my case) the Wifi calling setting under the Google Fi Sim is causing  an issue on the Verizon Advanced Calling. 

So I go to Settings>Network & Internet>Mobile Network>Advanced(WiFi Calling)>Configure IMS Calling>turn off WiFi calling.

After that, I swapped back my Verizon Sim card and I am able to receive and make calls without any issues (with Advanced calling turned on) , no more errors.

Hope the information helps.

0 Likes
Carlos_Palmisciano

Pixel 2 XL also.

This worked for me too.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carlos_Palmisciano, I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Are there any other concerns I can address for you today? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
SemoreGrumps
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on pixel 2 xl as everyone else. Done all the resets no called Verizon multiple times no solution. Not gonna factory reset my phone cause it works fine w T-Mobile so this continues to be an issue with Verizon and l.t.e calling feature not working with pixel.  Anyone have solution please help. Ty.

0 Likes