Rebate Problem
spdGT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does Verizon pay rebates?  i thought I had a really simple rebate.  I purchased a Google Pixel and Google Home because the Google Home was free after rebate.  I submitted all of the information as requested within the valid time period.  SInce I purchased them through their website, it should be very easy to validate.   Instead, I've watched their rebate status page show "pending validation" for three weeks past the date it said it would be validated.  I've chatted multiple times over the past three weeks and was assured the rebate was going to be paid within 15 days.  Even though the website still said pending validation, the chat made me feel better that i would be getting my rebate soon.

I checked the status of the rebate tonight and it said it was invalid.  The message listed is:

• We were unable to match your submission information with our records. Please contact us and we'll help fix it.

I chatted again and was told that must be a mistake.  It was going to be escalated and that would take an additional 14 days to investigate.  I'm sure after that investigation, it will be another couple of months to process the payment.  It's ridiculous that this is taking so long when the entire process is contained within Verizon, from the purchase of both devices, the rebate submission process, to the processing of this rebate.  I understand that rebates are offered because people don't follow the instructions, don't submit them, or forget about them.  I submitted it on time with the proper documentation according to the website.  I'm not going to forget a $130 rebate either, especially when I see the Google Home in my living room daily.

Get on the ball Verizon and pay me my rebate or admit that this is a scam. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Rebate Problem
spdGT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now when I ask about my rebate on chat, they disconnect me.  I'm not being rude or using inappropriate language.  I'm polite and asking why this process it taking so long and why they told me the rebate was valid and now it is invalid.  I'm not backing down and I will continue to contact them daily until my rebate arrives. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spdGT, getting that rebate is absolutely what we want for you. As I am the mother of 3 with a single income, that $130.00 would truly make a difference and not one that I would give up on. I am sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties reaching the rebate team via chat. Please know that they are also available via phone at 844-408-8471. While sometimes it does take sometime to have all of the pieces in place, I am confident that you will see the rebate that you are expecting. 

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
spdGT
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been three weeks since they last told me it was escalated for review and would take 14 days to resolve.  I chatted with them today and they said allow ANOTHER 14 days for them to escalate it.  Why offer rebates if you aren't going to honor them?

ADAKEM84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get a straight answer about this? After months of waiting and checking I was finally told that because I upgraded an existing line the rebate was invalid.  I only bought the thing in the first place because of the offer, and I feel cheated now.  Did you ever get it resolved?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADAMKEM84,

We don't want you to feel cheated. We know that receiving a promised promotion is everything, especially when you've done what you were supposed to do to ensure your eligiblity. The free Google Home with the purchase of a Pixel or Pixel XL was valid with upgrades. We recommend contacting the rebate team at 844-408-8471 or via the chat option on this link https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/contact/ to discuss your submission.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

ADAKEM84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! I just chatted with support from the rebate center, and after telling them that it should be still eligible I was told:

"am glad to inform you that after doing some research I verified that your rebate is in process for eligibility."

So we will see what happens. Thank you very much for encouraging me to check back with them. I will be glad if I do get an update in 15 days that the rebate was processed.  If not, I'll check back here again. =]  Thank you for your timely response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's fantastic news, ADAKEM84! We're glad we could help out and will be here should you need us. Hope you have a wonderful day!

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes