RCS Universal Profile
denhamlevi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the 1st gen pixel and I would like some information on a when the RCS universal profile will be enabled on the Verizon network.  I have read online from different sources that Verizon is on board for the implementation but can't find any information as to when we can expect this to happen.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: RCS Universal Profile
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

denhamlevi-

It's important you are provided with correct information and I certainly want to make sure I'm able to address that for you. We don't have information regarding the RCS information profile. However, you can stay in the loop by visiting our news page at http://www.verizon.com/about/news/

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is important for all users.  I hope Verizon understands that better messaging across all platforms will really help us, users.  

dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Verizon, can you pass on a request for this feature?

denhamlevi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also would like to know if this could be requested. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your feedback as Pixel users, dondon11 and denhamlevi. I have lifted this up to our internal software team here, and they advised they will reach out to Google for more information. 

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mama23dogs
Legend

My understanding is this is completely on Google, which updates your Pixel directly.

0 Likes
denhamlevi
Enthusiast - Level 2

The RCS profile is already deployed as far as Google's responsibility is concerned.  There are already carriers using the service in the US.  At this point it's on the carriers to adopt the tech and implement it on their networks. 

Phat78boy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please express how much this would mean to the consumers and business customers. RCS is much better than SMS and is greatly needed, especially with today's phones and the way we communicate.

Smithilberry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Second this! Please catch up to today's technology standards and implement RCS !