RCS Glitch making me nuts
louisdi

I've been going round-and-round with prepaid "support" on this and am at the end of my rope.  

Here's the situation:

1) I activated a pre-paid line, with a Verizon provided number, with a Pixel 3XL.  I tested the network speeds and coverage with that number including calls/texts/RCS

2) After I was satisfied I ported in my number from T-Mobile.  Still using the same SIM in the same phone.

3) Calling/Texting work just fine.  However the 3 people I know that can get RCS from me, still get it from the number I originally had, rather than the correct ported number.

Here's what I've tried:

A) Deleted all messaging threads with these folks from my phone and had them do the same on their phones.  No Change.

B) Cleared the data for the messaging App on my phone.  No change.

C) Turned off RCS (Chat) on my phone, sent them some messages via regular SMS (those arrive from the right number), then turned Chat back on, and again, back to the wrong number.

D) Once again deleted all threads with these folks and then the data for the messaging app and had one friend do the same on their phone.  New chat still comes in from the wrong number.

E) Factory reset my phone.  No change.

F) Spent over an hour on multiple calls with multiple reps who didn't even know what RCS was, but still claimed they had fixed the issue, but of course, no change.

I know the Pixel uses Google's Jibe hub, rather than Verizon infrastructure, so the question becomes how do I find someone at Verizon that can fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: RCS Glitch making me nuts
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Why would Verizon fixed  Google issue? Other than a coupe of devices Verion doens't offer RCS.

0 Likes
louisdi

Seriously?  A user whose messages go out over a number other than the number assigned by the carrier is a Google issue?  Why reply with a useless reply such as yours?  Are you just trying to get people to leave Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The RCS system used by the Pixel 3 and 3 XL models is through the Google Jibe technology and not any Verizon system. Therefore the other user's suggestion to reach out to Google is more accurate. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/android-messages-chat-faqs/

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/06/06/verizon-launches-rcs-profile-with-support-for-galaxy-s9-s9/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your frustration with this matter, Louisdi. Please know we definitley do not wan to lose you over this matter. You mentioned that when you turned off theRCS Chat, your messages arrived from the correct number, therefore, it is not a cellular issue. Have you contacted Google for assistance with this matter? https://support.google.com/messages/answer/9077245 LisaL_VZW

0 Likes