Re: Pixel's and Android 10?
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I'm providing an update regarding this issue as I know some are interested in the discussion and it is a real problem.  There are now similar discussions about this issue on many other sites, such as Android Central, Reddit, XDA Developers and others.  In addition, the original thread on the Google Pixel Community Forums has continued to grow with people reporting this issue with other carriers and around the world in areas such as Qatar (link to the thread below if you're interested). 

At this point, with so many with other carriers and in other countries having the problem, it does not appear this is a Verizon only issue.  That being said, the vast majority of Pixels are running on VZW, so this thread has a proper place here.  People are reporting as well that they have gone back to Android 9 (Pie) and their full signal is back.  Also, a factory reset does nothing.  Don't waste your time with it.  We all know the customer service reps will tell you to try this because they don't have a clue what we are talking about most of the time. 

I did receive a private message about this asking me to give my phone number and someone would call me.  I had to respond 3 times with my phone number, but eventually someone called.  Of course, that was the only time during the day I was in a meeting and couldn't answer the call.  They didn't provide a number to call back, just the regular customer service number which I found useless.  I did call and spoke to a customer service rep.  It is clear when talking to them that I know more about how these devices work than they do.  The rep was asking me inane questions like "was I roaming" or "why don't you just switch to wifi all the time if you have a bad LTE signal."  Really, that is supposed to make me feel better? 

Again, the only point of this is to advise the other people who have posted on here that if you can't stream or get data where you used to before the update to 10, and you are dropping calls when you never did before 10, or have no signal at all where you did before 10 that there are many others with the same problem, and Google is seeing this on their forum.  We are due for the monthly security update for October any day now, and maybe something will get fixed.  I use my phone for work, and am now missing email notifications because my LTE drops to zero bars in places where I never had an issue before.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/13566467?hl=en

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidoo, I rely on my phone constantly, so having a weaker than normal signal after a software update is very alarming. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me do you notice this weak signal indoors or outdoors? Also, confirm for me what services are being affected (voice, text, or data)?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Rodney,

I really don't understand how those questions have a thing to do with this.  I have demonstrated through links to other sites and news on Android related sites that this is a problem for others in all areas.  Yes, of course I have the problem indoors and outdoors.  Unless you have suddenly changed the transmitters and frequencies, I don't know why that is relevant.  Please read the thread on Google Community Forums that completely explains the issues people are having.  

This Android 10 update caused many people (I suspect everyone, but most don't pay that close attention) to have a signal much lower than they had before the update.  Because of this, in areas where the signal was weak to begin with, there is now no signal, so no data, streaming or browsing in placed where I could before.  I haven't had dropped calls like many others report though.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I got the update the day after release, my son the next day.  One of us has a Google store pixel, one has the Verizon version.  Both updated just fine.   The only thing that was buggy is my nova launcher kept reverting to pixel launcher maybe once or twice a day. Some of the gestures no longer worked. I uninstalled nova launcher then reinstalled and set it up and it’s worked fine ever since. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mama23dogs wrote:

I got the update the day after release, my son the next day.  One of us has a Google store pixel, one has the Verizon version.  Both updated just fine.   The only thing that was buggy is my nova launcher kept reverting to pixel launcher maybe once or twice a day. Some of the gestures no longer worked. I uninstalled nova launcher then reinstalled and set it up and it’s worked fine ever since. 

I got the update on my phone too in the past week. No issues so far. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes