Pixel WiFi Issues
nic2123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I have been unable to connect to any WiFi for the past couple weeks. At first it would connect sometimes and not others, now it will not connect at all. I have tried all the tips online, reset the phone, reset network settings and nothing helps. How can I fix this problem? From what I understand it is an issue with Pixels connected on the Verizon network.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel WiFi Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to connect to WiFi is important, nic2123. I'm sorry to learn you've been experiencing this for a couple of weeks. I appreciate you trying the steps you mentioned. Do you recall any changes to the phone before this started?

You mentioned that it will not connect at all. Can you provide details regarding what you experience when you go through the steps to connect to WiFi? Are you able to connect to WiFi when your phone is in safe mode? You can refer to these steps. http://spr.ly/6587DYzBN To exit safe mode, you can power your phone off and back on.

Andrea_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nic2123
Enthusiast - Level 2

This first started when it updated a few months ago. It happened for a week and then finally started connecting to the WiFi regularly. This time it won’t go back to connecting to WiFi at all. I have tried to connect in safe mode and it won’t. I have deleted the saved networks and I can see them but once I click on it to connect and enter the password it won’t. Sometimes it says saved instead.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, nic2123. We'll get this figured out so you can start using WiFi again. Have you tested more than one WiFi network? Do you receive any error messages when you try to connect? Please tell us more about what you see when you enter your password and it will not connect.

Danielle_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nic2123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tested about 5 WiFi networks and none work. I do not see an error message, it just doesn't do anything. If I click on the network it will attempt to connect briefly but then will say saved or disabled or nothing at all under the name of the network. Sometimes it doesn't even seem to try and connect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@nic2123

Thanks for the additional information and for keeping me posted. Can you perform a Device Health Check on your Google Pixel by following these steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/? Let me know the results for the “Performance” and “Connectivity” sections.

Next, can you test with the “Auto Network Switch” off: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207385/? Please keep me posted with your results.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
nic2123
Enthusiast - Level 2

The auto network switch is already off.

I test the device - under performance I got all checks except NFC On and Security and Privacy - Missing App. For connectivity, I got all checks.

Thanks for the help so far.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you trying to fix this issue Nic2123. It does seem like we need to do a diagnostic on your device on our end. I have sent you a private message so we can assist you further. 

Amber_VZW

0 Likes
aeconiglio

Hi!

I'm having the exact same issue. I used to be able to connect to wifi intermittently, and always in safe mode, but I can't connect to ANY network ANYWHERE. Ever. I've reset every single setting I can think of and spent two hours online trying to figure out how to fix this. Any other suggestions other than going into a verizon store to ask for help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi aeconiglio,
I'm sorry to see that your Pixel is not connecting to WiFi. I personally have the Pixel 3 and I would be lost if I wasn't able to connect it to WiFi. I appreciate you for taking the time to reset all of your settings. Can you please tell me if you've done a Factory Reset on the phone specifically? What Pixel do you have? What happens when you take the steps to connect your WiFi?

JenniferL_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes