Re: Pixel OEM Unlocking Support
pkc415
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Support,

Please stop sending me the unlocking policy, read it a million times already! Please have a higher tier tech to resolve my issue than to send me unlocking policy every time!

I paid for the phone in full & was already unlocked per Verizon after the 60 days which was 5 months ago! It's still active with Verizon but still I can't use a SIM from other providers such as T-Mobile & AT&T.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

I think what is confusing the Verizon reps is the different "unlocking" posts on here.  Some people are discussing the bootloader unlock so they can do whatever, which Verizon does not support.  Other folks are asking for help unlocking their device so they can use it on another network; which Verizon does support.  

pkc415
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think none of the techs know the answer so they just keep sending the unlocking policy.

Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

If all you want is your phone unlocked to work on another network, I would suggest creating a new post and asking for that help specifically.  That will help eliminate the confusion between people wanting their bootloader unlocked vs you wanting your phone unlocked to work on another carrier.  Just make sure to word it very carefully, you just want your phone unlocked to work on another carrier after you paid it off.

pkc415
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done so. Thank you😊

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would like to share some information to clarify things for you, pkc415. Different networks use different technologies. Please note that even if your Verizon Wireless device is unlocked, we can only guarantee activation and service when your Verizon Wireless device is connected to our Verizon network. We do not have any resources to troubleshoot your device with a non-Verizon SIM Card. Is this information helpful?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
pkc415
Enthusiast - Level 3

Antonio,

What I don't understand is what's the point of unlocking if i can't use the SIM from another provider? It's just a gimmick? It's just so ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pkc415, we completely understand where you are coming from, but depending on the device type and hardware compatibility, this would depend on the carrier that you're trying to use it on. I have sent a Private Note to gather some more details to verify the status of your device you are having trouble with.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
pkc415
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kevin,

Just emailed back to you. FYI, I have done conference calls with Verizon & Google & no one knows how to fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The link above is not the Unlock Policy, but instead a link to verify your account. This will allow us to examine the lock information on your device.     CassieG_VZW

0 Likes