Pixel 4 XL camera flash blinks on incoming call
murkyin20

I had a Pixel 2 before and it did not flash the camera light when an incoming call was ringing but the Pixel 4 XL is doing it.  How do I turn off this feature?  It is very distracting in a room full of people.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 4 XL camera flash blinks on incoming call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is for your notifications to come in the way you want them to. I'm not seeing that this is a feature for your device. When you go into your Settings > Apps & notifications > then your calling app. What do you see in this section?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@murkyin20 wrote:

I had a Pixel 2 before and it did not flash the camera light when an incoming call was ringing but the Pixel 4 XL is doing it.  How do I turn off this feature?  It is very distracting in a room full of people.

Have you checked the Accessibility settings for the option to use the flash for notifications? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please try these steps.open the Settings app then go to Notifications. Next, tap on the Settings cog at the top of the screen, then slide the switch next to Pulse notification light to the OFF position. I hope this helps. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
BAURORI

My Pixel 4XL doesn't have a Settings cog in Notifications. What worked for me was to go to Settings>Apps & notifications>See all apps>Phone>Storage & cache>Clear storage. The LED light stopped blinking on incoming calls.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Please try these steps.open the Settings app then go to Notifications. Next, tap on the Settings cog at the top of the screen, then slide the switch next to Pulse notification light to the OFF position. I hope this helps. AlbertP_VZW

Are those options for a different phone?  I don't see a Pulse Notification option anywhere in my Pixel 4XL Settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might also be in the Accessibility settings if it isn't in the other settings. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@Ann154 wrote:

It might also be in the Accessibility settings if it isn't in the other settings. 

I think those instructions are for the original Pixel in 2016.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It also might not be available either. I have a Pixel 3a and it doesn't have the option for the camera flash. I looked in all the settings. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also have the original Pixel and I can't find those settings in that phone too. Granted it doesn't have a SIM card in it either so some options might be only available with the SIM card. 

0 Likes