Pixel 3a wifi calling doesn't work.
jim2029
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will only work after rebooting the phone. I can't do this Everytime to make a call and I can't predict when I'll get a call. I need this feature. If I can't get this fixed I'll have to go back to my slow but working galaxy s7 edge. 

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 3a wifi calling doesn't work.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jim2029,

I'm here to help. WiFi calling can be an excellent feature to use when our network isn't as strong in certain areas. I don't want for you to have to reboot your phone every time you use WiFi calling either. Can you tell me exactly what does not work with the WiFi calling? Have you ever been able to use WiFi calling successfully on this phone? Does the WiFi calling issues only happen when you are connected to a particular WiFi network or all WiFi networks?

AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
jim2029
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says network not available on the screen. It seams to stop working after not being in use for some time, like just sitting on the counter for a while...

But I did notice it stopped working again after installing SwiftKey keyboard app. I've removed that app and haven't had an issue yet. Just terrible, I've been using that app since the DroidX days, back when you had to pay for it.

If I have an issue again, it should rear it's ugly face tomorrow while I'm at work as it's a cell dead zone, I'll be posting here again 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Do you ahve the phone in airplane mode when you are trying to use wi-fi calling? mobile calling when remain on unless tthere is absolutely zero signal

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad you were able to identify what was going on with your Wi-Fi calling. Have you had any issues since the app was removed? Did you see the same issues if installed back? This could be just the app and the third party permissions affecting your Wi-Fi calling. It could also be this application and another app having a bad interation on your device. If you want to test your device, you can always do a factory reset and install the apps one by one, to see if any affect your service or service. Should anything else come up, we are here for you.

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
jim2029
Enthusiast - Level 2

WiFi calling still doesn't work at work unless I reboot the phone. Same for text messages. My Galaxy S7 edge worked fine with WiFi calling. Nothing has changed here at work, as I'm the IT guy here also. I'm about to return this phone.

0 Likes
jim2029
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reset the phone. Makes no difference. Eventually WiFi calling stops working correctly. 

0 Likes
jim2029
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the airplane mode to force WiFi and it say I need to turn off airplane mode or connect to a WiFi network I'm connected to WiFi.... So o disconnected and reconnect to WiFi and it works. I can't do this every time as I don't know when I'll get a call that is inbound and a possible emergency call.

0 Likes
jim2029
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the setting it says WiFi calling and says mobile preferred.if you go into it there is no option to make it WiFi preferred.Screenshot_20190530-131900.png

Screenshot_20190530-131910.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jim2029, I use WiFi calling a lot and can understand the concern if you have to jump through hoops to get it working correctly. I am here to help and we will get to the bottom of this. Can you describe what exactly happens when you try to use it before you reboot your phone? When did this start? SantoC_VZW

0 Likes