Pixel 3 hotspot
Mikkimarie

My Google pixel 3 is giving me authentication failed message on my new phone bought from Verizon. I have the unlimited data plan. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 3 hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help as much as we can. Are you able to send us a screenshot of the error message you receive? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
J63000

Hotspot worked fine for years with our plan: THE NEW VERIZON PLAN XL 16GB

Upgraded from Pixel 1 to Pixel 3a yesterday and hotspot will not activate now. Gives "Authentication failed" error message.  Try again and restarting phone makes no difference. This has to work for us. Can we swap sim with sim in old phone?

Screenshot_20190917-200128.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, J63000. Upgrading to a new phone should be a great experience. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having such problems with your phone. Let’s work together to find out what’s going on. Please reply to the Private Message that I just sent you.

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
J63000

After a conversation on private message and phone with VZW tech George, we tried several diagnostic actions and did not get the hotspot authentication issue resolved. I then swapped the old VZW sim card from my Pixel 1 into my new Pixel 3a and George made coresponding changes at VZW. The hotspot functions are working now and everything else on Web, app and voice appear to be working OK. Thanks, George for your patience and help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very welcome, J63000. The pleasure is all ours and we are always happy to help. We are glad to hear that your hotspot is working on your Google Pixel 3a. BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Gingerprobs

I too am having this issue, can I be walked through how to fix it the exact same way?

0 Likes