Re: Pixel 3 hotspot "authentication failed"
tx12345
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not called but I chatted with a support representive and they told me everything was ok with my account. I will try calling when I have time. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trevorh622,

Ongoing hotspot issues are not what we want for you, and I want to verify the nature of the problem in order to gain a solution. Can you confirm whether your Pixel 3 was purchased directly from Verizon or was it purchased as an unlocked device?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
dmclure
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. In my case, I upgraded from a Google Pixel 1 where the wifi hotspot worked fine to a new Google Pixel 3 purchased at Verizon.

The new phone was populated from a restore of the old (dead) phone. Only change was an upgrade to our plan to cover protection on all devices.

Please send me any updates on this issue as I normally need to use this feature quite often.

secouri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a 3a a week ago from the Verizon store and am having the same issue.  None of their troubleshooting has helped.

0 Likes
ben1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon you need to figure out this problem and fix it.

This is not expectable!

We pay for premium device on premium network.

I already invested 3 hrs w support and go to Verizon store.

The store send me to this place lol

So unprofessional.

It's costing me time and money.

I can see the class action caming later on.

Go to work and get it fix now!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who uses my hotspot feature almost daily, I realize the importance of this feature.  Let’s get it working ASAP.  A private message has been sent so we can assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
sschelle

Thanks for the offer to help.

I don't see a PM from you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We realize this is very inconvenient secouri, and have sent a Private Message to help you get the best resolution for brand new devices. 

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ben1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see any private message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ben1234567,

We are aware of an issue with Mobile Hotspot not working for some Android users after the
update to their Mobile Hotspot (MHS) features on July 25, 2019 which is causing an Authentication Error message. If you would like us to file an investigative ticket for your reference, please meet us in a Private or Direct Message either in Twitter or Facebook, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes