Pixel 2 XL warranty
kFmF76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could have sworn Verizon advertised the Pixel 2XL with a 2 year warranty online back in February.  Store says 1 year and can't find anything in writing.  Does anybody else remember seeing this ad ???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pixel 2 XL warranty
kFmF76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, it's me again. Just got off phone with Google Tech Support for Pixel. Google DOES have a 2 year warranty on the Pixel 2 XL, however since it was purchased from Verizon, Verizon will only support the warranty for 1 year.  However I was assured my Google that THEY will honor a 2 year warranty, but would apparently have to directly deal with Google should any situations arise after 1 year. Verizon didn't seem to

know this !

View solution in original post

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

Hardware Warranty Center - Google Store Help

Limited Warranty

Google warrants that a new Phone and its included accessories will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in accordance with Google’s published user documentation for two years for the phone and one year for accessoriesfrom the date of original retail purchase in its original packaging by you.

0 Likes
kFmF76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, it's me again. Just got off phone with Google Tech Support for Pixel. Google DOES have a 2 year warranty on the Pixel 2 XL, however since it was purchased from Verizon, Verizon will only support the warranty for 1 year.  However I was assured my Google that THEY will honor a 2 year warranty, but would apparently have to directly deal with Google should any situations arise after 1 year. Verizon didn't seem to

know this !

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should deal with the manufacturer even if you are in the first year of the warranty period too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kFmF76, having all the pertinent information for your warranty is certainly helpful. I will be glad to provide clarification. Verizon offers a 1-year warranty on smartphones from the date of purchase. Just to clarify, are you experiencing any issues with your Pixel 2 XL phone?

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
phnguyk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Going through this now.  Verizon corporate employee said yes it's two years but I don't have to honor it.  So I'm dealing directly with Google, who are the ones who had me print out my warranty along with authorization for Verizon.  They still denied it and wanted me to upgrade.

Why even have a brick and mortar store when they do nothing but aggravate loyal customers?

robelahar
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, my Google Pixel 2 XL crashed after 1 year.  How/who do I need to contact about the 2 year warranty?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robelahar, I'll be happy to clarify some of the details for you. Your device purchased from Verizon has a 1-year manufacturer warranty that we honor for the merchant. If you're within 1 year of having the device, we can replace it as a courtesy. If the device is outside of the warranty, you'd want to file an insurance claim to replace your device. I hope this information is beneficial.

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes