November Security Update For Pixel 4 / 4XL
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Is Verizon holding the November security update for the Pixel 4 / 4XL until November 9th, like the Pixel 5 and 4a 5G?  I read that the November update for the Pixel 5 & 4a 5G will roll out November 9th so it can include a 5G update.  But that extra 5G update wouldn't affect the Pixel 4 / 4XL.  The update started rolling out yesterday to Unlocked models, but when I check for updates on my Verizon Pixel 4 XL it still displays that my device is "up-to-date". Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: November Security Update For Pixel 4 / 4XL
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Disregard, issue is resolved.  I had previously enrolled in the Android 11 beta.  I thought that once the stable version was released that we were automatically un-enrolled from the beta program.  Apparently not.  I un-enrolled / opted out of Android 11 beta, and the November security patch is downloading now.  That's good to know for the future.

No assistance needed.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

Disregard, issue is resolved.  I had previously enrolled in the Android 11 beta.  I thought that once the stable version was released that we were automatically un-enrolled from the beta program.  Apparently not.  I un-enrolled / opted out of Android 11 beta, and the November security patch is downloading now.  That's good to know for the future.

No assistance needed.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Knowing when you software update will be available is important. At this time, we do not have a specific date available, however once any updated is sent out, you will receive an alert on your phone if available. we hope this helps. -AXP

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The security updates can take two weeks to get to all of the handsets. For example if the update was released on the 4th of the month, I haven't seen the update ready for download until the 15th of the month. Sometimes it is sooner especially if I specifically checked for. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us. Knowing when you software update will be available is important. At this time, we do not have a specific date available, however once any updated is sent out, you will receive an alert on your phone if available. we hope this helps. -AXP

Thanks.  But as I posted in my second post, shortly after the original, I figured it out and received the update. 

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@Ann154 wrote:

The security updates can take two weeks to get to all of the handsets. For example if the update was released on the 4th of the month, I haven't seen the update ready for download until the 15th of the month. Sometimes it is sooner especially if I specifically checked for. 

Thanks Ann.  But as I posted in my second post, shortly after the original, I figured it out and received the update.   In my case I was released from the Android 11 Beta, but did not go back and "opt-out".   Apparently there is a difference these days, it didn't used to be like that.

0 Likes