Re: Not receiving texts
heldtp

This problem just appeared for me on a Verizon Google Pixel phone over the last few days.  Android 8.0 update applied a few weeks back OTA, no problems, but now I can receive SMS/MMS, but receive nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

heldtp, I know how important it is to ensure that you are able to send and receive your text messages. Let's look into this, and see what may be preventing them from going through. Are you able to make & receive calls? What zip code are you in where you're having trouble?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my messages to keep me connected at all times and definitely want to make sure we get your text messages working properly, mkrause01. Thank you for all of your time and efforts working with us on this. We'd like to continue to look into this with you. Are all apps up to date on your phone? Have you tested the phone in safe mode, http://spr.ly/65808FeKE? After the factory reset, did you test out the phone without any apps?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mkrause01

I currently have the Messages app disabled and a few tests using the Voice

app have resulted in the ability to send AND receive texts with two

different people who, I suspect, are using the same app as they normally

use to text and probably not necessarily the Voice app.

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017, 3:44 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
epvc0507

Hello, I have the same problem as mkrause01 and heldtp. Ever since updating to Oreo 8.0 OTA, I have not received a single text message, but can send text messages. I have done all of the troubleshooting steps with both Verizon, Verizon 2nd level support (confirmed everything on carrier end is working), and Google tech support and my phone still will not receive text messages. I did the reset network settings, force stop messenger, clear data messenger, and restart phone with no success. I opened a case with Google and provided a bug report. I was told a security update patch was coming. Today, a patch was pushed OTA to my phone but text messages will still not come through. The phone is still under warranty, but I would hate to replace the phone for a software issue that should be seemingly affecting all Pixels on Oreo 8.0. Please advise, I was planning to go into the Verizon store to discuss this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

epvc0507, we appreciate you letting us know of everything you have tried so far. With everything you have performed so far, alongside with the latest software update you received; Would you please try backing up your content and performing a factory reset? Please let us know if the issue re-occurs or if it goes away.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
mkrause01

A few days ago I received a security update and applied it to my phone. I rebooted and tried texting but texting didn't work. The instructions were to restore my phone to factory default so after a few days of preparing myself for the ordeal, I reset to factory default. As soon as the phone came back up it started loading apps and soon afterward I tested texting and it worked just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to hear that everything is working as intended, Mkrause01! Please keep us updated if you happen to notice any issues moving forward. We will be standing by and happy to assist.

0 Likes
FORBRI44

SOLVED - pixel was not receiving texts but could send, also could send and get calls no problem.

Verizon store rep said was common problem after phone got recent software update from Verizon. Fix is new sim card and complete factory reset. It sucks but works fine after reset.

0 Likes