No alarms set but alarm goes off at the same time every day.
fishybeardface
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every day at 9am my alarm goes off and I can't turn it off short of restarting the phone.  I have no alarms set and have reviewed the Clock app settings but can't find anything obvious.

On a possibly related note, Do not Disturb also does automatically not turn itself off at the designated time and I have to manually deactivate it.

This Pixel 2 is my first Android phone, and I am using the Microsoft Launcher.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Labels (2)
Re: No alarms set but alarm goes off at the same time every day.
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

I dont have a pixel 2 but just turning my phone over turns the alarm off.

I can also set my volume buttons to snooze,dismiss or silence the alarm.

If there is a saved alarm it needs to be removed or it might be set without you realizing it.

Maybe you have the puzzle lock turned on?

I never used the do not disturb feature.

0 Likes
fishybeardface
Enthusiast - Level 2

To add some additional detail, the volume of the alarm changes when I adjust the ringer volume only, not the alarm volume.  The only way to stop it is to restart the phone or, I assume, wait for it to stop after some time.

0 Likes
fishybeardface
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding vanigo​. Unfortunately none of what you suggest helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't you expand the volume slider to access the alarm volume?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried resetting the phone to factory settings?

How about disabling it in the app manager then restarting the app if you dont want to reset to factory settings.

If that does not help and its still under warranty get it  to whomever can service it under your warranty.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Flaky device behavior? Your first stop is generally a System Cache Wipe. Google it.

Your second stop, if the first one does not restore proper operation is as Vanigo recommended, the Factory Device Reset (FDR) aka Factory Data Reset, aka Factory Default Reset. With micro-processor based devices, the Android and iPhone devices were certainly not the first to need a means to reset a product back to factory settings. Back up any important content first.

Likely, the first stop will address your issue.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is it possible that this alarm is from an installed app on the device and not the Clock app?

What happens if you DO set an alarm in the Clock app. Does it behave in the same manner as the one you don't see showing up in the Clock app? If it doesn't, you may want to check the settings on some of your other apps to see if they have an alarm set to go off every day.

0 Likes
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

In general yes. However that article is not specific to the OPs phone. Getting into Recovery/Boot menu will be different depending on device.

Doing a System Cache Wipe is often *THE* quickest way to resolve bizzare behavior, specially after performing any OTA update. If that doesn't work, then it's advisable to do a FDR after backing up music, photos and videos, downloaded content, powering down, and for safety, removing an SD card if the user has one.

It's been my experience, Application Cache clears, which is something totally different are not going to resolve flaky device behavior. However, if only one application appears unreliable, first clearing it's app specific cache, then if necessary - uninstalling and re-installing that application might work.

I think I've recommended for the moderators to see if the webmaster can post instructions for this, specifically for Samsung devices, which are sooooooo popular, and seem to have the most need.

0 Likes