No Update for my Pixel XL
sdbroker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have never been able to get any update from Verizon for my Pixel XL which I purchased direct from Google.  To update this phone I have to change the simm card with my Project Fi phone, update it, then switch it back.  What is the problem with Verizon giving me the update?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No Update for my Pixel XL
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is strange. I have received all of the updates for the Pixel 128 GB model I have. I have always kept a Verizon Wireless SIM card in the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdbroker,

Help is here! We don’t want for you to miss out on the software update enhancements on your Pixel XL. Let’s figure this out for you. Does the update show up on the device for you to run it or is it not there at all? If the software update is there for you to perform, what exactly happens when you try? Do you get any sort of error message? If so, what does it say?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdbroker
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update is not there at all.  Never has been unless I changed the simm card to Project Fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdbroker, we know how important it is to keep your device up to date and we certainly want to do everything we can to help. You mentioned that the update isn't there unless you put your SIM card into the Project Fi phone. Can you elaborate more on this? We'd like to know exactly what steps you're taking to get the update to appear on your device.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sdbroker
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I don't put this SIM card in another phone, I put my Project Fi card in this phone.  Then I can do the update and then I put the Verizon SIM back in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sdbroker,

Thanks for the clarification. Software updates provide device enhancements that keep your device running perfectly, so let's get this fixed asap. I have sent you a direct message for review. Please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes