No Simultaneous Voice & Data?
ROBERTOTAYLOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assumed that a flagship phone like the Google Pixel would allow for simultaneous voice/data. That means that if I'm talking to someone on the phone, and let say I need to reply to a text at the same time or look on Google Maps for directions to a place, I shouldn't have to hang up to do that first. So I've checked every setting on my phone and made sure HD voice is activate on my line, but I still can't talk on the phone and use data at the same time. Am I missing something here?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No Simultaneous Voice & Data?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The kicker is if the call you are on is actually a call routed through the VoLTE system and not the older system. I'm not sure if calls to landlines can routed as HD/VoLTE calls. For cell phone calls, both parties have to have HD Voice feature on their lines and active on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You must be on LTE when in the call for the VoLTE simultaneous voice and data to work.

HDVoice is a subset of VoLTE. When you have Advanced calling/ HD voice active, and if you have LTE signal, all call get routed through VoLTE, even to landlines and other carriers.  However the improved HdVoice sound only works when it is HDVoice to HDvoice cell. phone. 

Bottom line, the pixel is quite capable of simultaneous voice and data when on LTE, so something is not set up right.  Some had to remove the HD voice feature from My Berizon and then re-add to make it work. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Berizon?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What do you expect for free Smiley Happy

ElementalRift
Enthusiast - Level 3

The pixel is capable of this. I believe it requires advanced or HD calling. Which is free. But let's the phone run the call and data. Call customer service and ask if your line has HD calling

0 Likes