No Pixel 4 eSIM support
Nuro
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will Verizon support Pixel 4 with eSIM?  Seems odd that AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint do but the flagship carrier for Pixel doesn't.

Labels (1)
Re: No Pixel 4 eSIM support
jazzcar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm very dissapointed in the lack of this service. I am switching to ATT due to this problem. Shame...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jazzcar, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. We can understand wanting to enjoy all additional enhancements your device has to offer. At this time the devices that currently support Dual SIM with an eSIM will be located on number 3 from this link https://vz.to/2C7u333.

Let's review your available options. Can you please let us know what interests you about the Dual SIM? 

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
BigAlCo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to carry one phone and not 2. Why else would I want a dual sim phone? And you have supported the iPhone dual sim since January and now it's a year out with no Android support.

Jeff651
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would also like dual sim support on the Pixel 4 as I have a personal phone line with Verizon and a business phone line also with Verizon.  I do not want to carry two phones.  I have always been an Android user and I purchased the Pixel 4 because it has dual sim capabilities.  I do not want to purchase an iPhone.  Why does Verizon only support dual sim on the iPhone and, more importantly, when will Verizon support dual sim on the Pixel 4?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeff651, no one wants to carry around two different cell phones. We don't have a time line as to if/when the Pixel 4 will have the dual SIM capabilities. Sign up to get the latest news by following this link http://vz.to/1m2tKLh KevinR_VZW

Jeff651
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the quick response.  The Pixel 4 currently has dual SIM capabilities, but Verizon just doesn't support it (other mobile service providers do).  That's the question.....why doesn't Verizon support dual SIM on the Pixel 4 when other service providers do?

chmellor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset that Verizon has locked out this feature of the Pixel 4, which was my only reason for upgrading to this phone.  I also have a personal number and a business number, and would really prefer to have them both active on the same device.  An iPhone is simply not an option.  Had I know of this limitation, I would have purchased the Pixel 4 directly from Google, and my DSDS would be working right now.  Buying the phone from Verizon was a huge mistake.

I have spent hours on the phone with Google and Verizon troubleshooting the issue.  It seems that even though I receive the monthly security updates, Verizon modifies these updates to lock the eSim, at least according to Google.

I am able to get Google Fi to activate on the eSim, but it uses the IMEI number that is reserved for the physical sim, so I expect that this is where the lock is.  I can have Verizon activated on the physical sim, and Google Fi deactivated on the eSim, or vice versa, but both will not be active at the same time.  In reviewing all of the settings, it seems that both the Physical Sim and the eSim are activated on the IMEI1 number.  Both Verizon and Google Fi are unable to move their respective Sim to the IMEI2 number due to Verizon's modification of the Google monthly updates.  So frustrating.

Verizon, please remove these locks so we can use this phone to its full potential.  There are lots of us out here that need this feature!

Regards,

sparky2324
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really iPhones only. One day Verizon will understand the world doesn't revolve around iPhones. Sad and pathetic.

adamarcadipane

I would really like this for work too.

Also thinking about switching carriers because of it

0 Likes