No IR blaster, what now?
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I need help. My s6 had an IR blaster and I controlled all tvs in my home with it.

My pixel does not have said blaster.

Any tricks out there to control the TV with your phone if you don't have a blaster?

Obviously my tvs are a few years old that I need this for....not smart TVs no wifi.  Chromecast can be used to turn tv on but not off and obviously only allows control of Chromecast media.

HELPPPPP!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No IR blaster, what now?
Weth
Legend

I believe this a true definition of first world problem.

Logitech Harmony is a great product.  If you don't want to spend that kind of money, there are many cheap universal remotes you can buy on Amazon or at Walmart or Best Buy etc.  You don't need the manufacturer original which are overpriced to replace.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use the real remote?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for this very intelligent input. But my phone can do so much more integrated with the tv using anymote that I prefer it many times.

Also cannot find the remote for one tv. Another tv remote went faulty and now I have to get a new remote from my provider.

Thanks again very good advice though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Logitech Harmony Remotes, Universal Home Theater Automation Remotes & Hubs

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Legend

I believe this a true definition of first world problem.

Logitech Harmony is a great product.  If you don't want to spend that kind of money, there are many cheap universal remotes you can buy on Amazon or at Walmart or Best Buy etc.  You don't need the manufacturer original which are overpriced to replace.

0 Likes
TeeRoyJenkins

If you look on eBay they have ir adapters that plug in your headphone jack. They cost about a dollar and are supported by certain apps. They are very small and double at keeping garbage out of your headphone jack

0 Likes