New Phone Deal
courtsteve

I took advantage of the current $10 a month with bill credit on the Pixel 2 XL but wonder now if I was the one taken advantage of. This phone goes for around $450 unlocked with Verizon on ebay. My total cost at the end will be $240 but the contract price for it was over $950 on the Verizon agreement. This means if phone lost/damaged I will need to pay balance at that time to replace. Lose it in first month I owe over $900. Of course $13 a month insurance offered but really why should it be almost necessary to purchase. Math says in 1 year I will still owe $475 on phone to Verizon if lost. Purchasing insurance for that year would be $156 out of my pocket. 1 year from now that phone is 2 generations old and I would get a refurb  replacement. To me it looks like Verizon inflated phone price to make it desirable to purchase insurance. By the way the tradein value is $190 the first day activated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Update
courtsteve

I chatted with a Verizon rep and received this information. If I did not purchase insurance and lost new phone I could reactivate my old phone or I could third party purchase a different phone and activate to current line.  Charge for lost phone and bill credit would continue just as it was until 24 month period expires. That makes sense and is something I could live with. Saved the chat just in case.

0 Likes