Re: Message+ - MDN Has changed message after poweroff
xgasman

Well here we are another week and still not fixed, al in all it's going on three plus months. What's up Verizon?

0 Likes
LakesidePark

I have had this problem since Sept or earlier on my HTC One M8 so it has nothing to do with Pixel only phones.  I do not have this problem on my Nexus 7 tablet or on my Win 7 PC.  I had this problem with the stock Verizon Android release and in November I change the OS on my phone to Lineage OS and the problem with the Messaging Plus app is the same before and after OS change.  I tried doing several of the cache clear, reinstall etc. attempts but nothing seems to stop the thing from going to the welcome screen all the time.  It is even worse now in that it hangs in the 'starting messaging' part of the process sometimes and I have to kill the app and open it again to get to the 'no I do not want a public profile' page.  My phone is unlocked and rooted so if someone at Verizon wants to try and debug it using a rooted phone I can try some things that you may not have tried.  Seems to me this should not be hard to fix.  Go back to June 2017 or something like that  before it was updated and look at your version control system to see what changes were made.  Clearly something change made in the release from around that time is causing the problem.  I did not see this problem for 2 years before then.

0 Likes
Thasian483

Well, thought I would give Message+ another shot, installed version 6.6.3 of the app. It is acting a bit different, after installation and setup, tried a couple of reboots, now I get a Message syncing indication, but when I open the app, it needs to be restarted. So seems like the original problem, EXCEPT,  now a new issue with 6.6.3. I have an LG Urbane 2 watch, so it uses Message+ as part of the ability to make/receive calls. If I go through the complete Call Setup on the watch, Message+ no longer sends messages to the watch, however, if I do NOT complete the Calling Setup on my watch, Message+ seems to work fine (on my watch) at least in my first round of testing. 

Watch is also running Message+ 6.6.3

Android Wear (now Wear OS) 2.9.0.185 (both devices)

So, kinda looks like 2 steps forward, and 3 giant steps back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thasian483,

We appreciate you attempting to use the message application one more time. We will pass this information along to our developer. Do you have you watched connected to our Numbershare services? Can you use the watch standalone?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes