Re: Message+ - MDN Has changed message after poweroff
Thasian483

I did the 6.5.1 update and it seems to still be working, but with a change. When it was working (after the 6.5 update) with a reboot or power up, found if I waited 4-5 minutes after the power up, the app was working without "Starting", so tried the same thing after the 6.5.1 update and it appeared the issue was back. Then I did a power off and power up, this time waited for a full 10 minutes after the power up started and the Message+ app was working WITHOUT the need to START it. Not sure if it actually changed or it was a result of other factors, anyway for me good news I can reboot my device and the app will restart even it it takes a few minutes.

0 Likes
xgasman

I've made a decission, you can't seem to find a fix or respond so I have gone to a different SMS app.

0 Likes
Thasian483

I must apologize, after repeated tests my earlier statement

that after the 6.5.1 update it  seemed to be working if you wait for 10 minutes” is not correct. 

The problem still persists even after waiting for 20 minutes. I would like to go back to 6.5.0 to do some additional testing.

0 Likes
Thasian483

VzW - can someone post here when you believe you have this fixed so those of us who would like to use the app can come back, after it is fixed?

Thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thasian483,

We always want to make sure that you have no issues with your texting. Have you attempted to force stop the app?http://vz.to/2lxfeND. Are there any issues if you use the stock messenger? 

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Thasian483

so any other app seems to work. The reason I would like the Message+ app to work, I use the ability to share with my tablet. When it works the app is great. And again, the only issue I have when I restart my Oreo device, Message + must be restarted as if it has never been started, so I get the "start messaging" and do you want a public profile prompts. So for now I am using another app.

0 Likes
xgasman

I went to another app for the same reason. After talking to the fifth tech support who finally told me that they know this is a bigger problem then they are willing to admitt, and as of yet they can't find an answer.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks so much for your posts. This has been going on for quite some time. We have information that will help everyone listed in this thread.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Message+ > Permissions and toggle storage off and then back on. Then power cycle the device. If the behavior still persists, uninstall the application and then reinstall the application again Uninstall Apps - Pixel / Pixel XL, Phone by Google | Verizon Wireless  After the install, power cycle the Pixel. Once the device powers back on, set up Messages+ again and retest. If this does not resolve this behavior, reply with an update.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Thasian483

Not sure about anyone else, but, after testing with 6.5.2 installed, it appears I can reboot, restart, power off and back on without the need to restart VzMessage+. Message+ works correctly again.

Thank you 

0 Likes
Thasian483

may have spoke a bit early. Found if I have Message+ running in the background, it will "sync - Temp background process" at a restart and I can open it without "Start Messaging", however, if it is not running in the background, there is a chance it may need to be restarted after the device full boots. So it is getting there.

0 Likes