Re: Message+ - MDN Has changed message after poweroff
xgasman

I can't believe we don't have a fix yet. My Pixel works fine no MDN issue, however my wife's STILL has the problem and she's getting EXTREEMLY upset. Verizon even sent a replacement phone to no avail, I've been up to tier 3 with no luck. I installed, uninstalled numerous times. I've cleared cache forever, nothing works. And yes we went back to the "STOCK" app until it would not send to certain people.

How much longer do we wait?

0 Likes
Krundel

I am on 6.4.42. This has been happening for so long I don't remember when I didn't have this problem. I have tried clearing the app cache/data. I have even reverted my phone to factory settings and I still have the same issue. I have to start messaging and create a profile every reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krundel,

We want your experience to be problem free. Help is here. I appreciate the steps you have already taken. What troubles are you having. Describe what is happening?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TROPOE29

I also have the same problem as everyone else. Have tried all things that have been listed. Latest version android 8.1.0 and latest version of message+ 6.4.42 . Will this be fixed? It worked fine on my LG G4 and LG G3.

Troy

0 Likes
Thasian483

I know this is piling on, but is this going to be fixed?

and please don't ask me to describe the problem, all you need to do is read the posts, just let us know if this is being addressed. I am assuming an update to the app will be needed, so maybe that would be a good way to ask the question, when is the next update going to be released and will it have changes to make it more compatible with Android 8.0 and 8.1?

Thank you

0 Likes
TROPOE29

Seems to be working now as an update was available this morning on Google Play

0 Likes
xgasman

Here we STILL are, it has been almost two weeks since my last post, about two months with the issue and still no solutions. And before asked I have the newest update, the phone is running 8.1.0 android, Dec 5th security patch. Message + ver. 6.5.0. And now my wifes phone is now acting worse, if the phone is shut down overnight to charge sometimes we have to reboot the phone 3-5 times to get "Message+" to open, it freezes mid start-up. If it wasn't such a pain I would switch phones with her but I feel that the issue is NOT in the phone, it is in possibly the software or the user profile. Hey Verizon how about a REAL Present solve this for the NEW YEAR.

0 Likes
Thasian483

have been running 6.5.0 for a few days now and seems to be working well, THANK YOU

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xgasman, your time is truly valuable and we understand how important it is to make sure the messages + application is working correctly on your wife’s device. Please allow us to further review the details. Can you please follow this link http://vz.to/2DVhgjh to check and see if the messages + application is set up as the default messaging app? Also, you have mentioned your wife received a replacement phone, can you please let us know if the messages + app has ever worked properly on her original Google Pixel device?

We would also like for you to uninstall the updates for the messages + application. To do so please go to settings> Apps & notifications > Messages + app> select Uninstall updates to the app to go back to the factory version of the app. Once updates are uninstalled, open your messages + app and go through the initial set-up. Please keep us updated on the progress.

I have also sent you a private message to assist with further escalating this concern should the issue persist. Please respond to that private message. Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
xgasman

Screenshot_20171227-074112.pngScreenshot_20171227-074146.png

Have followed your steps as requested see attached images, first Message+ was already set as SMS app, second there is no option for a factory version , it's either force stop or uninstall. Lastly this issue has existed from day one with both the original and replacement phones.

After following your steps the issue still exists.

WHAT NOW?

0 Likes