Re: Message+ - MDN Has changed message after poweroff
MrGeeDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same issues on my Google pixel XL. I just upgraded to Android Oreo 8.0, and the issue persists. Please fix.

0 Likes
JAABES34

This has been going on on my Pixel XL for over a month, what can I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn of the issues you are experiencing with your Google Pixel device, MrGeeDub. At this point, I would recommend deleting the application, power your phone off and on, download and reinstall the app from the Play Store again and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrGeeDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. I have tried your suggestion several times and

it is not working. Your app needs to be updated to be more compatible with

the current versions of Android. The reason this is primarily affecting

Pixel owners is because Pixels get the Android updates a lot quicker then

the majority of your other Verizon phones. This issue will eventually

affect everybody if it is not addressed soon. Thank you.

On Aug 24, 2017 9:41 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a Pixel as well, but I don't see this issue probably because I use the Google Messages application instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAABES34,

We hear you. It's important to us that you are able to use your Message + app. Have you been able to try the steps listed in the thread above? Is your Message+ app up to date?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrGeeDub
Enthusiast - Level 2

These issues only effect the Messages + app. The Android Messages app works great. The only reason I even bother with Verizon Messages is because I want my texts synced between my phone, tablet and PC.

Other issues with Verizon Messages + since I upgraded to android Oreo 8.0 a few days ago:

I tried to send a small audio file to a friend and it never went through. Just showed as "sending" indefinitely.  I switched over to Android Messages, sent it again, and it went through immediately.

I tried to share a contact card, and I got an error message that said, "Could not parse the name card." Once again, I switched my default messenging app over to Android Messages and the contact card went through immediately.

I'm also having issues with photos taking forever to be sent, and some of them not even making it to the recipient. When I use the Android Messages app, the photos are sent immediately.

Serious issues with Verizon Messages Plus and these newer versions of Android. Especially Oreo 8.0

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MrGeeDub, we appreciate all of the details you have provided us and I want to be sure all of your concerns with the Messaging app are addressed.

I was able to send you a private message to continue discussing the issues you are having. We look forward to working with you.

SteveR_VZW

0 Likes
tderby

Has there been a solution to this problem? My wife and I have Pixel XL's and it's happening to both of us every time we power our devices on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are provided with the best service. Let's review this in more detail. What steps have you tried already? Is the device currently up to date?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes