Lock Screen Notifications are Delayed on Pixel 3a
jwgroovin

I purchased a Pixel 3a late December. Phone is superb EXCEPT that notifications across all apps both native and downloaded are delayed when the lock screen comes on. I get no sounds at all.  Since I have a security system tied to doors, cameras and motion sensors, I need these things to work in real time as they have with every other smartphone I've owned.

Pixel is up to date on all system updates.  The Google support team actually LOCKED my question on their online forum before anyone else could respond...interesting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lock Screen Notifications are Delayed on Pixel 3a
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know why Google would have locked your post on their forum, Google employees never check their forum it's all volunteers (mostly).  Whatever is happening with your phone I don't think it's specific to all Pixel 3a's.  My wife's Pixel 3aXL does not have that issue, the lockscreen displays all Notifications as expected.  What do you have selected under Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications > Notifications on lockscreen?  And also for Show Sensitive Notifications? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jwgroovin, I can certainly understand your concerns about your notifications experiencing a delay. I'd be happy to take a closer look. When did this begin? Have your notifications worked successfully in the past?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
jwgroovin

Notifications across the board seem to be delayed: email, social media, missed phone calls. I can really track this real time with my home security software. I have cameras, door sensors and motion sensors.  My old phone, a Droid Turbo, and my wife's current phone, an LG G5, work flawlessly. Trip a sensor/camera, you get an immediate response.

My problem with the Pixel 3a started IMMEDIATELY. When I set it up I installed Yahoo Mail, My Arlo security software and Tapatalk. That's it for the first few days. I have tried every setting I can think of, and on the Google forums, saw many people are experiencing the same problems (but not all). Some feel it's tied to being under WiFi, but we've tried experiments when I'm on cellular away from home and tripped security sensors. It can take 10 minutes or longer IF the lock screen is present. If I have the screen on the time seems a bit less.

My security software is effectively negated, otherwise I can live with it. I've reset the phone once, installed the security system, and tested again. No help. Not doing it again.  When I pay off the phone I will move to something else.

First phone ever with such a major issue.

0 Likes
jwgroovin

Show Alerting and Silent Notifications.

0 Likes