LTE/Signal issues with HD Voice Enabled
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I've had two Pixels and so has my wife and both phones have data/connection issues. My signal strength is about 10 points weaker when HD voice is enabled as opposed to when I go through My Verizon and disable it from my account. I know others have this issue and I am wondering when Google/Verizon will send an update?

It's a strange issue. It doesn't happen everywhere. A few location around town but my house it one location which sucks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LTE/Signal issues with HD Voice Enabled
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just did some experimenting; I've had HD calling OFF (disabled) on my Pixel because of  the audio on calls cutting out from time to time.  I thought I'd see if there was a difference if HD calling was turned off.

My signal gets worse when HD calling is off - turning it on is a bump from -109dbm or so  to -99dbm (neither one is spectacular but most calls here at home connect and stay connected).   So I'm seeing the opposite of your results...interesting.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Actually the bump in signal strength only lasted for about 15 minutes then reverted back to what it was previous. I hope Google and Verizon work it out soon. The signal at my house sucks with the Pixel but with my Nexus 5X I have perfect signal.

0 Likes
MattAndroidWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 3

The forums are burning up with people complaining about dropped calls on their Pixels.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Looks like a new build for Pixel phones was released today. Hopefully this will fix things.

0 Likes
camelspiders
Enthusiast - Level 2

Adding a post to this. My cellular connection drops constantly with the Pixel I activated two days ago. Highly covered areas, indoors, outdoors, it doesn't matter. It's infuriating. Additional details: New SIM and old SIM from Note 5 have the same issues. Neither one is really better than the other.

0 Likes