How do I enable the unread notifications badge (indicator) on the Verizon Messages app home icon?
lowlevelbass

Hello! 

I hope this is the appropriate area to ask this question.  My wife and I have just recently switched from iPhones to Google Pixels.  So far we are loving our new phones.  We are using the Verizon Messages application for texting.  It seems to be the best application for it so far.  However, we both notice that the home icon doesn't show a badge (or number) of unread messages.  While it may seem like a small nit, it's something we're both missing.

Is there a setting to enable this, or is it even currently possible?  If not, is there a way to file a feature request?  Or maybe it's related to the Pixel.  If so, is there a way to file a bug report?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I enable the unread notifications badge (indicator) on the Verizon Messages app home icon?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi - To get the "unread" badge to show, you need to enable the Messages+ "widget".  Long press an empty area of your homescreen, and then tap "widgets" at the bottom.   Scroll through the widgets till you see Messages+ (they are alphabetical).  Drag the widget to your homescreen.  The widget shows the # of unread messages; the app icon does not.

View solution in original post

Re: How do I enable the unread notifications badge (indicator) on the Verizon Messages app home icon?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi - To get the "unread" badge to show, you need to enable the Messages+ "widget".  Long press an empty area of your homescreen, and then tap "widgets" at the bottom.   Scroll through the widgets till you see Messages+ (they are alphabetical).  Drag the widget to your homescreen.  The widget shows the # of unread messages; the app icon does not.

lowlevelbass

Awesome!  That works perfectly.  Thank you so much!

0 Likes