How do I complain to corporate?
MICPOE75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently returned my Pixel 2 XL because of screen burn in (well known issue with these phones). I was within the 2 year manufacturer warranty period for this issue (Google rep instructed me to go through Verizon). I received my replacement and thought all was well. Yesterday I received a notice that the phone I sent to Verizon was "defective" and I was being charged $300. There was a picture attached to the email indicating the defect, but I have yet to be able to open the picture because, "page does not exist." I spent 2+ hours on the line with tech "support" yesterday wrangling with them about this issue; interestingly they couldn't see the picture either. It was escalated to Advanced Tech Support and the lady I spoke with eventually hung up on me; she couldn't see the picture, but told me that according to the "warehouse" the charging port was bent. I was frustrated and angry, because other than the screen burn in, the phone was in perfect operating condition. Even though I was upset, I don't believe I was being belligerent.

Moving the story along, called back got a different tech person, explained the issue again; got transferred again. Spoke to advanced tech support. This guy tells me that water had gotten into the charging port and there was corrosion (btw, he couldn't see the "picture" either). I have no idea how that may have happened, because I'm as careful with my phone as I am with my kids. Regardless, I just wanted the screen fixed on the phone...the charging port was fine. I requested they send the phone back and I would return the phone I had been sent. Nope, can't do that. The phone is Verizon's now and I owe $300, plus the $500ish I still owe for the original phone. More time on the phone. During this time, I'm explaining that I have the chat transcript from Google, explaining what I should do, as well as the chat transcript from Verizon. The Advanced Tech Guy goes through the chat transcript from Verizon, because he thinks the person on the chat gave me all of the disclaimers; she didn't. When he realized she hadn't he puts me on hold, to talk to his boss (why do I feel like I'm at a car dealership?). Anyways, he comes back and is all proud that Verizon is gonna help me out and knock the $300 down to $150. $150 for an issue that was never an issue for me, nor the reason I sent the phone in (remember, screen burn in...well known issue with the pixel 2 XL, just check the internet). Ok, now I'm livid. It's clear Verizon is patting themselves on the back at this point for doing me a solid and I'm not getting anywhere else. I disconnect the call.

So today I spend the day checking out other carriers. I see T-Mobile will pay off my pixel 2 xl and their plans are cheaper than Verizon's. I also recognize that T-Mobile's network isn't as good as Verizon's, but I can deal with service issues (I had Sprint for 2 years...no way T-Mobile is worse than Sprint). But I think, "you know, I've been willing to pay for better service and I like the service, so I'll give Verizon another shot." So I decided to come here and see how I go about complaining to corporate about this. What do I want? I want my old phone back and/or the $150 taken off of my account. What don't I want? I don't want to spent another 2+ hours on the phone. So, if you've hung with me this far and you could tell me how to reach out to corporate, I'd very much appreciate it.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I complain to corporate?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how much of a hassle this may have been for you. I would personally feel the same if I were informed of a charge that was added due to damage on a phone that I was not aware of or had at the time. We of course would not want to lose you as a customer and we do want to make sure your concerns are addressed today. With regard to the device being returned back to you we are unable to do so once the device has been sent to us, this is a policy that can not be changed regarding warranty returns. As far as the credit we've offered we can still issue this credit for you as long as we show documentation regarding the credit that was promised. If you are looking to reach out to our corporate office regarding this concern you can mail a letter to our correspondence team at P.O. Box 408 Newark, NJ 07101-0408. I have also sent you a private message if you would like us to review your account for the credit that was promised to you regarding the offer that was provided. Please reply to that message to further assist with your concerns. 

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how much of a hassle this may have been for you. I would personally feel the same if I were informed of a charge that was added due to damage on a phone that I was not aware of or had at the time. We of course would not want to lose you as a customer and we do want to make sure your concerns are addressed today. With regard to the device being returned back to you we are unable to do so once the device has been sent to us, this is a policy that can not be changed regarding warranty returns. As far as the credit we've offered we can still issue this credit for you as long as we show documentation regarding the credit that was promised. If you are looking to reach out to our corporate office regarding this concern you can mail a letter to our correspondence team at P.O. Box 408 Newark, NJ 07101-0408. I have also sent you a private message if you would like us to review your account for the credit that was promised to you regarding the offer that was provided. Please reply to that message to further assist with your concerns. 

Jasper_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICPOE75, thank you for taking the time to provide all of these clear details so we may be on the same page. We have sent a private message. Please respond via that private message.

Loren_VZW

LongtimeVerizonMember

I did not see an answer to the original question as to how to reach the corporate office. I was told I would be given a $15/mo first responders discount for all future bills, by Ryan T. today at about noon PST, but after I spoke to him, my discount was set to $10. After that, I talked to several supervisors, over a 3 hour period, who said they will not honor the $15 discount and also told me that they cannot transfer me to a higher level supervisor and that no one is able to listen to the recording of my call with Ryan, which seems hard to believe. I hope I can get this resolved, as I have been a customer for over 15 years, and as a customer I have a right to the pricing that I was promised. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LongtimeVerizonMember, we don't have any direct contact information on how to contact or file a complaint through corporate directly. We're here to address your discount issues without the need to file a complaint. 

Question #2 at the link attached outlines what type of discount is applied based on the amount of phone lines you have. Please note these discounts are set in stone and we don't have the ability to manipulate/change our pricing for plans, charges or discounts. http://spr.ly/66001ebFG

We've sent you a direct message and look forward to your response back. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Rlupe

I had the same problem,  I needed a replacement cuz my phone was not charging, screen freezes,  turn of/on,basically malfunction problem they told me to go to asurion as they cant help me even if it's under a year of having the phone that should be Verizon total protection. However asurion said they cant help me cuz I owe them 2 phones?why?? All my phones that was sent in was returned (like why would I keep a broken phone) I denied this claim as I turned in phones as directed,  asked for date , serial # on phone or order # BUT they didnt have no Info on my order? So go back to Verizon they say I have to pay my balance of 1500!!(the 2 phones was charged to my acct!!) I was unaware of this bill , no one contacted me just turn up on my acct. 

I tried to dispute it but just getting run around, all I need is a replacement due to my phone problems and need to stay connected cuz  I'm a teacher and have to keep contact with school, district, and student.  So please someone help me!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know we rely on our devices on a daily basis especially now. I am sorry to hear that your phone is not working. I am sure we will figure this out together. I would like to review your account to see what options you have. I have sent a private note. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
jpmay

We have no service in our area, and no one has sent an email or heads up. 

Working to run multiple businesses this is ridiculous. I was on hold with verizon support for over 30 minutes on one bar in a location that is typically full service. And my call was dropped. 

Absolutely tired of not having any care for customers trying to work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon. I understand having the best signal is paramount. We'd like to help you on this platform. Please tell me, is your device the Pixel 2XL? What does work on your device? VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
hwight01

I would also like the contact information to complain. Should I contact the customer service complaint department?

0 Likes